Chapter 12: Lord Erickr

I groaned as I woke up, a massive headache already throbbing inside my skull. I sat up and clasped my talons over my head, my eyes closed,  trying to ease the pain. Suddenly, I heard a whimper. I opened my eyes and looked towards the sound. Scrappy was chained against a wall, his head lolling as he shook in his sleep. "Scrappy! Scrappy wake up! It's just a bad dream buddy come on!" I called to him in vain. I looked away and got a view of my surroundings. I was bound to a wall in the same chains as Scrappy, as were all the others, but we were all separated by metal cages. I heard occasional popping sounds coming from the bars on the cages, so I figured they were electric. NO touching those. I pulled myself off the ground and tried to walk, but I stumbled.... right into the fucking electric bars. How fucking nice. White hot pain shot through my body at an alarming speed. I think I screamed, because next thing I knew the door to my cage opened and a large dragon pulled me off of the bars. I tried to get up, but talons pushed me back. "Shhhh, just stay down." I didn't recognize the voice, but I could tell it was female. Finally, I recovered enough to see who had saved me. She wasn't as large as I had first thought, about the size of Fulgur actually. She had pitch black scales, which were tipped with bright neon purple. Scars covered her body, but the thing that captured my attention was her eyes. They were a swirl of silver and ice blue with specks of gold here and there. I tried to thank her, but she silenced me. "Don't worry about it. You had quite a, heh, shock. You need to rest." I reluctantly agreed. After a few minutes, the dragon caring for me let me up. "There you go little one. Don't you feel better?" I nodded. I tried to speak, but my throat felt sore and raw. I felt the other dragon shift, then tilt my head forwards. "Here, drink this. It'll make your throat feel better I promise." I drank. The liquid reminded me of grape juice with something else I couldn't place my talon on. Finally, I could speak. "Thank you for saving me ma'am." The other dragon smiled. "Oh don't worry about it. And you don't have to call me ma'am." "Well what do you want me to call you?" The other dragon thought for minute. "Call me Mortem." I nodded. "Thank you Mortem." Mortem opened her mouth to respond when a loud bang sounded and a crimson-red dragon bust in. "MORTEM!!!!!! ARE YOU ASSOCIATING WITH THE PRISONERS AGAIN?!?!?!" Mortem smirked. "Yep. But don't worry Exitium, I'll only be a moment." The dragon now known as Exitium rolled her eyes. "Haven't I told you  not to get too attached to them? You know what happens when you make friends with them." Mortem glared at Exitium. "For your information," she snapped, " I was merely helping this poor dragon. She touched those damn bars and shocked herself." This seemed to calm Exitium down. "Oh. Sorry." Mortem merely smiled. "Exitium, meet...." She looked down at me. "What is your name?" I hesitated before answering. "It's Tarin." Mortem smiled. "Tarin. Such a nice name. Exitium, meet Tarin. Tarin, meet Exitium." I took a minute to really look at Exitium. She wasn't really crimson, but her scales were bright red and tipped with black. She had more scars than Mortem -- which is saying something -- and had one pitch black eye and one bright crystalline-blue one. I could tell that she was examining me too. Finally, she seemed satisfied with what she gathered. "Well Tarin, it's nice to meet you. But, I came to get my friend." She gestured to Mortem. "Lord wants us Mortem, and you know how he is when we keep him waiting." Mortem reluctantly got up and shuffled towards the door of my cage, closing and locking it behind her. But before they left, I stopped them. "Wait, who's Lord?" Mortem looked over her shoulder as she walked away. "Why Lord Erickr of course!" And with that, she walked off, leaving me in absolute terror.

--- Hey guys!!! Sorry it's been a while, but I hope you like this chapter and that it makes up for the time lost. bOi guys!!!!!! ---