The End of the Road

FINAL CHAPTER:
The results of the League have passed, and our favorite raven haired trainer has placed second in the competition. Despite not coming in first, our heroes are found back in Lumiose City to celebrate Ash's efforts. Planned for some time now, our heroes have a busy day ahead of them. To cook. To decorate. To entertain. All of the friends they've met and come to love in the past few months have been invited to the Lumiose sibling household to celebrate their successful year!

Looking through the glass window, the curious eyes of the young performer rested upon a jade colored dish containing dozens of white shimmering pebbles. Stemming from the heaps of pebbles was a a dark brown tree trunk made out of glass, that split off into a few branches. From the glass branches, Serena examined the pale pink flowers, and the light green leaves that were delicately attached to the glass figure. Even if it wasn't real, there was something about the five petaled flowers that was catching her attention. She's never seen a cherry blossom tree in her life before, and even if this replica was a fake, she could already tell that it was the most beautiful flower she laid her eyes on.

"Serena! C'mon!"

The honey blonde blinked, her eyes a tad bit teary from staring at the glass cherry blossom tree for a little too long. She turned her attention to Dawn who was waving at her with a bag of groceries in her hand. She was clearly done finding whatever she needed at the store. Behind her stood Ash who was holding onto a few more bags, and Bonnie who most likely persuaded the boy to carry everything for her.

Serena jogged over to the others with her own bag of berries. It was a celebration. She had to make pokepuffs for everybody, and they had to be the best out of all the batches she's made.

"I have everything I need," said Dawn while double-checking the items in her bag. "You guys are going to love this recipe I learned from a coordinator I met in Hoenn!"

"Can't wait to try it," said Serena, smiling at the bluenette who was excited to get to work in the kitchen.

"I got everything my brother asked me for," Bonnie chimed in, pointing at the raven haired trainer who was struggling with keeping the bagged groceries within his arms.

"Gr-Great," Ash grunted, trying to keep a bottle of soy sauce from falling out. "Can we go now, please?"

The girls giggled as they watched Ash struggle to even take one step forward. It was just like him to try and handle everything all by himself. If only Clemont joined them on their ingredient hunt, then he would help Ash and force Bonnie to carry a few bags herself.

"So, do you have everything you need for your pokepuffs, Serena?" Bonnie asked, finally deciding to give the boy a hand. Dawn followed in Bonnie's actions until Ash was holding nothing, but a bag containing a few snacks – a few snacks most likely for his own enjoyment.

Serena opened up her plastic baggie to make sure that she had everything she needed. "I need to pick up a few items to decorate the pokepuffs with. It's a special day, and I want them to look even better," she said. The extra ornamental pieces weren't needed at all. She just wanted some time to herself. Some time to think.

Ever since the end of the league, the five of them have been together nonstop. The only time she had to herself was when she would shower, but even then, Dawn or Bonnie would walk in the washroom and ask her where the toothpaste was. The two of them were always losing things, and Serena just somehow knew where everything was. If that weren't the case, the two of them would just barge in to ask her about her time with Ash. What was going to happen to the two of them after he left to continue on with pursuing his dream? That was something Serena really needed to think about.