08 - Unregretful Mistake

7:16 AM

Brian's POV

I lay here... Completely still, wondering if whatever happened last night was a horrible mistake or not.

I look at Skylar, the sun shining through the open curtain crack from the window, illuminating her face. She looked so peaceful, so calm... Like all that was there to worry about was sleep.

I stroke the strands of her ginger coloured hair that lay across the pillow. To my regret, it stirs her awake and she moves a bit, groaning and looking up to me.

"Brian... Y-You awake?" She asks hoarsely and I sigh. "Did I wake you up? Sorry about that," I say and she smiles a bit.

She gets up suddenly after realising that her arms were wrapped around my torso. She looks at me with a sort of regret... Probably about last night.

"What's wrong?" I question and she runs a hand through her hair. "Last night... Did we really?" She responds and I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I hope it doesn't ruin anything and I just-"

Skylar places a hand on my mouth and rolls her eyes. "You need so stop apologising," She states, "And I really... It was um, great actually."

Her cheeks turn a little red and I chuckle. "What?" She looks at me, nervous and I put a strand of hair behind her ear. "Skylar is blushing," I tease her and she slaps my arm playfully.

She lays back down and wraps her arms around me more tightly and protectively. "So now that we... We're supposed to let the FBI know right?" She questions and I frown, shaking my head slowly.

"It's lengthy and tiring and boring, all that paper work," I say then grin slightly, "What they don't know wouldn't hurt."

We lay there, silently, thinking about whatever comes to our minds. Personally, I'm just wondering about how I've started to like Skylar... and then my thoughts would change to become about work.

She stretches and groans a little then sits up and runs her hands through her hair. Against the window, I can see her silhouette... her figure is so defined and-

"Stop staring Brian," She says with a smirk while shaking her head. She puts her hand over my eyes and I jerk a little.

"Now shut your eyes till I go-"

THUD! THUD! THUD!

We both look to the door, it seems like my heart has stopped beating. "Finch, time for work!" I hear Mike call out and I look to Skylar with horror.

"Go to the washroom, don't make a sound," I instruct quietly and she obeys while I put on my shirt and boxers and climb out of bed. She gives me a thumbs up before shutting the washroom door quietly and I look at the room one last time to make sure that there's no sign of her ever being here.

I take a deep breath and open the room door, "Mike! What a way to start the day... with your shouting."

He rolls his eyes discreetly then sighs, "Get dressed, you'll be late for reporting time." I groan then tell him that, "Give me ten-"

"How about five?" He intervenes and I huff, shutting the door on his face. I run a hand through my hair, noticing Skylar peeking from bathroom door. I smile at her then grab my clothes and change quickly. She disappears, closing the door then going for a shower.

I walk out of the room swiftly and try to regain a steady breath so that Mike wouldn't notice that I'm hiding something.

"Can we go?" He asks, completely unamused. "Y-Yeah sure!" I scratch my hair and look around awk-