07 - New Roomie!

I look from one building to another to make sure I'm in the right place. He had said "really tall and fancy building"... In New York, that's kind of difficult to differentiate with.

I finally find the one that matches the picture he had sent. Brian's way of giving directions isn't that all great. I had to use Google Maps in the end. He seemed kind of off that moment... Like he wasn't in his zone.

I get my bags out of the car trunk then walk inside the building. I'll be staying with Brian for a week, till Naz finds me a permanent place to stay, that wouldn't have poor plumbing.

I'm actually genuinely excited. I've never really stayed with anyone, sharing an apartment, removing university out of the picture.

I end up at the top, at the penthouse, and knocked on the door. I tap the sides of my thighs out of anxiety.

I really don't want it to be awkward, or weird or creepy... Maybe this was a bad-

"Hi Skylar! What's up?" Brian opens the door after few moments and greets me with a smile. He is wearing... A kitchen apron, I can't control my laughter.

"Why are you-" He raises an eyebrow then glances down to his clothes, "Oh... HA HA, you laugh now but you won't be when I don't make any food for you, and I cook good."

I smile and then walk in after he invites me in. Brian helps with bringing my luggage into the house then locks the door.

Immediately, I get hit with this amazing aroma of roast turkey, cranberry sauce and potatoes. I shut my eyes and take it all in, my mouth salivating and ready to have something to eat. Now, I realise that I haven't eaten anything after leaving the office.

"Huh, having Thanksgiving so soon?" I chuckle and he smirks. I place my bag down on the couch then walk over to the kitchen and sit at the island.

"I think you shouldn't leave the turkey in there for any longer," I suggest, placing my chin on my hands, "It'll lose its moisture."

He looks at me without an expressions and puts on his over kittens. "I know how to cook Skylar," He says in defence and gives me a look that says 'Just wait and see'.

*****

Brian's POV

"I had no idea you cook, it was great Brian!" Skylar compliments as she places utensils into the dishwasher, and I smile at her. "Why is it surprising that I cook?" I ask, stabling my tone to not sound suspicious.

"Well... I don't know, you don't look the type," She bites her lip and frowns, "Damn it, I'm sorry Brian I didn't mean to say that. I meant that you look like someone who would rather eat out than cook and I didn't mean to-"

"It's alright, I uh... It's a skill I had to learn to to survive on my own," I chuckle, thinking about the horrible truth of me cooking this well just because of NZT.

Man, she's impressed by pill-Brian. Regular-Brian is a lame idiot... Someone as smart as her would never like plain old me.

I watch as she walks over to the couch, sitting down and opening up her laptop. "Maybe I should tell her about NZT," I mumble to myself but-

"Woah woah woah... Slow down there tiger," Mental Brian warns and I roll my eyes discreetly, "We don't want a whole 'you lied to me, I thought you were smart' or 'you have no place in the FBI'."

I clean the counter with a dishcloth and think about the words he was saying

I clean the counter with a dishcloth and think about the words he was saying. "How do you know she'd say that?" I question softly and he walks up to me, hand on his face out of irritation.

"Man sometimes I can't believe we're the same person," He sighs and I look at him with slight rage, "Remember... 'get rid of her before they get ri-ri-d-d... O-Of-f-"

He starts to blur out, becoming a bit glitchy.

The pill... It's dying. The dose is finished. Crap, how am I supposed to keep her entertained?!

I start to walk towards the couch cautiously, while desperately coming up with ways to make sure tonight isn't awkward. Just a few more hours to go before I get my next pill.

She looks to me with a smile, and I return a nervous one. "Okay so Brian, I have a theory... It's a stretch but it is definitely plausible," She says while rubbing her hands together, "Regarding the culprits, it is possible that they are leaving mistakes to make us follow the wrong trail."

She raises her eyebrow with a smirk but I stare at her blankly, as if whatever she's just said was in another language.

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit slow right now... Um," I rub my neck and look to the floor, "I-I can't process information properly." I feel the weight of the pill dying off, a sudden rush of dizziness.

"Brian, you okay?" I hear her ask and I rub my face. "I'm... I'm fine, I just want to..." I reply, wanting to sleep so bad.

Maybe I should tell her about NZT, maybe she won't judge me... Maybe everything will remain the same after it. Maybe...

"Brian, let me put you to bed," She says, ready to get up but I hold her arm tightly, pushing her back, "You look like you haven't slept in days."

She grips my hand tightly but I try my best to pull myself out of her tough gr-

THUMP!

Skylar's POV

I fall on top of him, completely shocked by the sudden change in position. I stare into his eyes, he looks deeply into mine and licks his lips.

"S-Sorry about that Brian... I-I," I stutter but to my surprise he smiles softly, "What's wrong?"

"This is the first instance where I've actually looked at you properly. You're... Beautiful," He answers and I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling like an idiot, "I know I sound super lame and super cheesy but..."

I continue to look at him in awe, realising that he too looks extremely handsome. I feel a sudden urge to lean closer to him, to... Kiss him. I don't know why but I decide to shrug-

Brian smashes his lips onto mine. I freeze out of surprise, not moving a muscle but then soften and kiss him back. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me.

I moan a bit and his hands slide down my sides and rest on my hips. I pull away abruptly, gasping for air. "Not disappointing," He says flatly and I look at him with confusion.

"I wanted to know how it would be to kiss you," He answers and I ask him how it was, "Ehh, fine-"

I roll my eyes and run my fingers through the hair at the back of his head. "Then round two should clear any other doubts," I say and plant my lips on his once again.

 "Then round two should clear any other doubts," I say and plant my lips on his once again