11 - Early Birds Catch The Worm

Skylar's POV

Stephen Pittsburgh.

We wouldn't believe his backstory if someone had just told us about it. We'd need physical and visible evidence of it all, it's too intense.

A young guy, in his mid twenties, resided in the drug dealing business, specifically being a cook and cooking meth for a group of give people who would sell their product on the street. He graduated with a degree in Business Administration and even had a good job that paid the bills at least.

Now the big question... being so stable with life why in the world would you turn to selling drugs?

Student debt or any debt at all? Nope, He had not acquired any loans and he was staying with a friend, sharing the rent.

Taking the drugs himself? Not at all, no toxic indications in his system. There's no sign of him ever smoking any sort of substance, even cigarettes.

The only remaining option is...

"I got it Brian!" I say and walk over to him, typing up the hospital that he would consult with, "Stephen had a serious heart condition remember? That's what presumably killed him with the taser."

Brian starts looking at his hospital bills and nods, "That's a logical reason to go into the meth business. It makes good money and he can pay for these super high rates. Wow this is really expensive!"

I bend down closer to him and stare at the screen, "So... the supposed gang leader had been arrested twice for assault while Stephen had been caught once for shoplifting. Why didn't this come up when you had searched the NYPD?"

Brian shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head, "We didn't really do an in-depth search on him and man I regret it. This is like Breaking Bad in real life!"

I smile, he was actually right, with the drug dealer gang and the medical condition, and not to mention the meth.

"So what happened between them?" I mumble and Brian starts searching up for other gang members and dealers that have been caught or reported about.

I take a seat opposite him and grab a tennis ball, throwing it to the wall and catching it repeatedly.

"Wait you're in the database of drug dealers right?" I ask and he nods, "Narrow the search down for makes of height six feet and two inches, or one hundred and eighty-eight centimetres. That's what you determined from your clay models."

Brian types furiously then presses enter, staring at the screen while waiting for the-

Two matches showed on screen, one for a man in his fifties and the other for a man in his twenties, names being Johnathan Bellucci and Mario Valentino.

Brian starts to say something but then frowned a bit. "Hey why don't you take a power nap? I'll find out their background and then you can take the shift," He suggests then I stand up and kiss his cheek, walking over to a more comfy chair and laying back... slowly dosing... off.

*****

TING!

Silence...

TING!

More silence...

TING!