Chapter 5

Unedited.

The drive was pretty long.... And suprisingly, we actually changed stories of the incident happened earlier. It was the first time I actually got lost with no help at my hands. He also said that his heart was beating and he could feel it in his neck.

"There's no way your THAT scared of being alone." I teased. "Let me rephrase what you said, Ms. Willis, I'm scared because I had no help whatsoever." He corrected. "Eh. One way or another you're still scared." I teased him again. "Haha." He faked a laugh.

"So where are we going to eat again? It's afternoon and I haven't eaten lunch yet." I complained. "12 miles to the nearest stopovers, miss. Be patient." He said. I pouted. My stomach was killing me right then and there. Kill him instead of me.

***

"Ah! Here we are! Sammy's gasoline station! The favorable stopover when you're in a roadtrip going to the west side of the country!" He exclaimed. "Excuse me, but, we're not on a roadtrip here." I told him, but he did not mind what I just said.

"Sammy! Long time, no see, mate!" He suddenly called out. I looked to the direction he shouted and saw a friendly looking man. He was maybe on his late 50's. "Oh, long time no see to you..." He trailed off. "Are you saying you don't recognize li'l ol' me?" Brown said in an accent. "It's me, Anton! David Brown's oldest son!" He said and Sammy's eyes lit up. "My boy, you're all grown up! Look how handsome you are!" He complemented.

Brown faced me and I immediately looked away with disgust.

"And who are you, miss?" Sammy asked me. "I'm, uh, his friend, Kate Willis." I mostly lied. We were less than friends. "Well, whatcha doin' here in the middle of an empty road?" He asked. "Really long story." I replied as I looked at Brown with annoyance.

"Well, ya two need eatin' so ya can go home!" Sammy said. And invited us inside his house.

***

"GOD, THE TURKEY WAS DELICIOUS!" I exclaimed. "The house looks so small, but inside, THERE WAS A FREAKING TURKEY, PERFECTLY COOKED WAITING TO BE EATEN! BY US, THE VISITORS!" I shouted and probably wss loud enough to be heard by the outside of the car.

Brown chuckled. "Sammy's my best man. And he-" " HE ALSO GAVE US FREE TWENTY LITERS OF GAS!" I interrupted. "Okay, you're weirding and annoying me now." Brown said.

"Ah! I was just full. I'm like this when I have a full stomach." I truthfully said.

"Well, since you're showing up your true self now, can we be really friends? Like, can we be on the first-name calling now? I'm so tired calling you 'Willis' all the time that I sometimes I forget your first name." He explained.

"Okay, fine. But, I can only call you when I'm in the mood to."

"Seems good enough, Kate" He smirked while driving to the apartment.

*****

AAHHHH THIS CHAPTER IS SO LONGGGGGG!!!!!

500 WORDS!!! ON POINT!!!! YESSSSS!!!!

k bye.