Chapter 9: It Is What It Is

Sunday December 16, 2018 - Albuquerque, New Mexico

CLASH OF CHAMPIONS

Gigi POV

9:52 PM

I'm darting around the ringside area catching picture after picture of all the action from Roman's match against the Miz for the Intercontinental Championship. I'm super excited to start editing because I caught a few really good shots of him hitting Miz with the Sit-out Crucifix Powerbomb; I love it when he does that move. I know that they're working on wrapping things up, but I don't know the outcome; Joe tells me some things but I'm not exactly privy to all the details.

Currently, I'm still darting and dodging the two brawling men and the rest of the camera crew. Maryse has been at ringside this whole time and I had a feeling about how this would end until I bumped into Mrs. Mizanin. She looked like she was about to rake Roman in the eyes or something while he was hung up on the bottom rope, but then Maryse and I collided slightly. Playing up the incident, she begins to yell at me and tell me off for being clumsy and not watching my step; I roll my eyes and shrug at her, Roman regaining his composure as Miz is distracted at the scene at ringside. I roll my eyes as she continues to yell at me, then I get an idea that may get me some social media attention, but it's all good, I'm a nobody to these people.

I turn the flash function on my camera on, hold the camera up in her face, and press the shutter button snapping a picture of Maryse's surprised face as the flash temporarily blinds her and sends her stumbling backwards and tripping over the steel steps, falling over in a clumsy heap. Miz begins yelling at me and I shrug at him and point to tell him to look behind him. He turns around and is hit square in the face with a Superman Punch. Before he can fall over, Roman turns around, catches him, and hits The Miz with his own finisher - The Skull-crushing Finale - and goes for the pin.

1!

2!

3!

Here is your winner and your new Intercontinental Champion, Roman Reigns!

He looks around with surprise as the ref hands him the belt and the crowd roars with boos. He stands up tall and holds the title high in the air with a devilish smug grin on his face; a face fit for a heel. He pounds on his chest and roars, marching around with the belt and mouthing off at the crowd, and I catch every glorious second of this moment. Briefly looking at me while the camera wasn't on him, he mouthed "what did you do?" at me and I nonchalantly shrugged. He boasted his new title around some more before rolling out the ring and heading backstage. Taking a brief break, I prepare for the next match: Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins defending their tag titles against Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. That's a throwaway match if I've ever seen one, which is such a shame because Bo and Axel aren't terrible wrestlers, they're just not Ambrollins.

*~*~*~*

Sitting on an equipment box in an empty hallway, I'm scrolling through all my shots from the night and deleting the ones I don't want. I'm also thinking about things between Joe and I. I like him; there, it's out in the atmosphere now. I've always liked him, but that was from a fangirl's position; now that I've met him and I've gotten to know him, children aside, I really like him and that scares me; it scares me because I know we can never really be anything serious because he's married and, even if he got a divorce, that would just add extra pressure on us to be a successful couple and that wouldn't make it feel real, but I'm sure he doesn't even feel the same way as I do and that fucking hurts. Lost in my thoughts, I don't notice someone find me until I see a pair of large Nikes appear as I looked down at my camera and looked up to see Joe with a smirk and a curious look on his face. I shoot him a questioning look and cross my arms.