Chapter 39: Family Time/Making it Official and Going Public

Friday August 16, 2019 - Newark, New Jersey

Joe POV

10:45 AM

"DADDY!"

I smile brightly as my daughter runs into my open arms and I twirl her around, putting her down only to do the same to my twin boys, Jacob and Junior seeming to have gotten a little bigger from when I saw them last. Kids grow up fast, true, but my kids just seem to grow even faster, especially my two sets of twins; I don't know why, that's just how it seems.

#DadProblems

So, here I am being embraced by three of my children, who I've missed dearly in just the few weeks I've been without them, and they're mother is slowly approaching me. Galina is four months and a couple weeks pregnant, seems to be in good health, and seems to be a lot...happier; I don't know what's gotten into her lately, but I know it ain't Bobby because she dumped his ass after she found out he was still messing around with his ex-wife, messy ass. However, she seems to be doing okay and she's still being a phenomenal mother to our children, so that's all that matters to me. She walks up to me and I pull her into a warm hug and kiss her temple.

"Hey Lina, how are you today? The baby giving you any trouble?"
"Surprisingly no, he's been pretty calm."
"Oooouuu, he?"
"Dammit, I wasn't supposed to say anything yet."
"Pregnancy Brain, isn't it great? Now you owe me thirty bucks."

I laugh at her pouty blushing face as she digs into her purse for her wallet and pulls out three tens for me. Before I left to surprise Gigi on Smackdown, Galina and I made a bet on the gender of her baby: I won. So, I put the money in my back pocket as I do a quick victory dance and pick up my two boys to join me, Joelle and her mother rolling their eyes.

"Don't be salty, winning's just in my blood. Where are their carseats? And where's your luggage?" I ask looking around finally noticing that no one has their luggage with them.
"Right there." Galina says turning around to point behind her and I nearly jump out of my skin in excitement.

Val is walking towards us with a luggage cart full of their luggage topped with Natia and Talia in their car seats, a kind attendant carrying the boys' car seats in his hands. They get over to us and I put the boys down to rush over and pull the girls from their seats, holding one on each hip and showering them both in kisses.

"Oh my gosh, my little angels! I didn't know you were coming today, too!" I exclaim as they hug and kiss me back.
"Yeah, it was Galina's idea for us to fly in with her and the kids, I just went with it; thought you and Giana would appreciate the surprise."
"Thank you guys so much, this means so much; Giana's gonna love this since she's been feeling so down about being without them."
"I know how that feels, so I understand completely." Galina says picking up Junior as the girls make me put them down to happily greet Jacob.
"Yeah, but it helps having some company to...distract you."

Val adds in and I notice her give Galina a sly look and Galina starts to blush and bite her lip...or maybe I'm just imagining things.

Yeah, I'm totally imagining things.

"Well, uh, let's not waste anymore time getting all these wonderful children to their nice room. Lina, you sure you wanna stay in the penthouse with us?"
"Um, are you seriously asking me if I wanna stay in a penthouse?"
"Yeah, 'cause, y'know...me and Giana and the whole affair thing and leak thing—"
"That's the past, this penthouse is my present; leggo!"

She quickly walks to the rental Denali and hops up into the passenger seat. I shake my head and Val, Joelle, and I get busy getting all the babies and bags of luggage situated into the SUV, my heart fluttering every time I look up at all my beautiful children. Closing the trunk, I close my eyes and chuckle to myself, Val walking to stand beside me and clap her hand on my back, bringing me back to reality.