Chp.6 - A Promise is a Promise.

As i walked through the front door i saw my mom in the kitchen, i tried to make my way upstairs without any commotion from her, but she noticed me.

"Tori Anne ! Just because i said no sneaking out at night, i didnt mean you can do it during the day time...with MY car !?" She said.

"sorry mom.. i just needed to....visit a friend."

"who ?!"

"no one mom, i just had to drop off some ... makeup"

"Tori... "

"okayyy..." i through my bag on the high stool in our kitchen and leaned on the table, my mom listening closely.

"i just when to have a coffee with Jona and Alex's friend Niall.."

"ooooh Tor-tor ! do you guys like eachother !?"

"nnooo ! mom, no, we just had a coffee, and hung out, as friends."

i rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag and headed up stairs. Even though i was mad at my mom, she always did something LITTLE that made me forget.

I walked up the stairs and passed Alex's room, his door was open and i saw him drawing something at his desk, i backed up and stood in the doorway.

"Alex.. can i talk to you ?" i said softly, scared shitless he might pull a gun.

"what" he said flatly not looking up.

"Listen i just want you to know, me and Niall aren't ,like dating ? or getting together ...were just friends.But if that bothers you, then ill just call it quits with him..."

"no, i dont care." he replied still not looking.

"then whats the matter Alex ? I'm trying here, like I'm trying to be a good sister and I'm trying to make things better between us,it isn't healthy for us to hate each other if were gonna be living together."

then i heard footsteps behind me and turned around to see Steve right in my face.

"whats going on?"

"Tori's being annoying."

"what the fuck Alex ? I'm trying to solve a problem and hes acting like a second grader."

"Tori go to your room and leave him alone." Steve said looking down at me.

I felt so left out, like they were ganging up on me. Is this how its gonna be for the rest of my life ? Steve controlling me and Alex being his backup ? I thought maybe i could stand up to both of them, but i cant.

I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek. My face got pitch red, i slammed Alexs door shut and ran down the hall to my bedroom.

"Toriii , don;t ...... cry." i could hear Alex say, opening his door "Dad, seriously ?"

"what ?" Steve said

"shes crying now.."

Then i heard footsteps and i guess Steve just went downstairs, goes to show how much he cares.

****************************

An hour later, when i was done sobbing, and got changed. I went out in the backyard to watch the sun set, against the lake in our backyard it as super pretty, and super rare that we got a good pinky orange sunset on such a nice evening. So i just sat out there thinking.

About what made Alex so upset, me being friends with Niall ? Was he jealous.. ? no he couldn't be, I'm a girl and hes a guy, why would he be jealous... unless hes..gay ? no. hes not. But What makes him so mad... Niall is a great kid, but if me and him being friends ruins my family then i don't know what I'm gonna have to do,

Suddenly my thoughts got interupted by Alex sitting next to be on the bench swing.

"hey.." He said slowly.

"hi"

"I'm .. sorry, i shouldn't have acted like that in front of my dad,i know you and him have a rough time together-"

"wait you know ?" i cut him off

"well yeah...."

"how..?!"

"Tor i see the way you act around him, and then when hes not there your a whole new girl, i know he intimidates you, and i guess you could say hes a scary man but don't let him change you.."

I looked down at the grass, what Alex really trying to help me ?

"thanks.."

"Anyways, I'm just sorry... "

"You mean it.." i said looking into his eyes.

"yes.. i mean it.... and if that means letting you and Niall hook up, then... yes... i mean it.." he replied.

"Alex, were not hooking up.. he just asked me out for pizza ! Just friends !" i nudged him laughing.

"Oh thank god" he laughed pretending to pray."Well... just in case.... "

"just in case what ?"

"just in case you two.. you know, end up dating... i promise i wont get mad and let it ruin us..."

"dating ? Alex... juuuuuuust friends ! its like you want us to date or something !?"

"Tori don't lie, i saw the way you guys looked at each other on Wednesday.. there's ... sparks" he said in a girlie voice, i giggled.

"you promise ...?"

"i promise" He held out his pinky, and i linked my on gripping it tight.

For the rest of the night me and Alex just sat out at the lake talking about ..... everything..