8. Changes

Arthur couldn't stop himself from slamming himself onto Hannah. In other words, he gave her a backhug for the first time since they were apart for 2 years. Arthur didn't know what he was doing as he just felt the urge to feel Hannah's touch that gave him warmth deep inside.

"Can we stay like this for a while. Please?" He asked.

She nodded as a sign of assurance.

They stayed like that for quite some time.

"I missed you, so much. You know that, right?"

She couldn't reply back.

The thought of confusion blurred her mind along with the fast beating of her heart.

She just stood there like a lifeless doll.

For quite some time the confusion left her head and her mind finally took control.

Instead of saying something.

She gently released herself from his embrace.

"Look, Arthur. I missed you alright, you're my best friend. But this feels weird."

He slightly felt disheartened at this.

But it wasn't just him.

She felt guilty, so she instead invited him to join her for lunch at the cafeteria.

Arthur's POV

Lucas meet Arthur, the transfer student."

"Arthur meet Lucas,
boyfriend ko."

Parang tumigil ang mundo ng saglit.

Hannah's words kept ringing in my head.

Boyfriend ni Hannah.

Boyfriend niya.

Boyfriend ng kababata ko.

In a breath I wanted to ask her when she got a boyfriend and other stuff but I did quite the opposite.

I reached out a handshake.

"Hi Lucas. Arthur by the way, the new guy. Did Hannah ever mention that I was her childhood friend?"

He slightly tilted his head as a reaction of confusion.

"Childhood friend?"

Lucas turned to look at Hannah.

I guess that means no, she didn't mention me.

"Well, I thought you wouldn't be too interested. So I decided to not tell you anyway."

He looks...

Speechless, not the happily speechless kind of thing.

The kind that you want to say something but words just wouldn't come out.

*Bell rings*

Once again everyone is saved from the mighty bell!