2. Tears

Hannah's POV

"I love you..."

Ramdam ko ang mga luha kong pumapatak sa bawat pag-sikip ng damdamin sa dibdib ko.

Pinunasan ko ang mga luha ko, ayokong makita ako nila Mama at Papa na nagkakaganito.

We were our way home.

My parents talked about random topics but memories of Arthur kept my mind busy kahit gaanong hirap kong ipilit and sarili ko na ibura iyon sa isip ko.

I casually walked towards my room to rest, yet both my heart and mind won't let me.

I felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest at any moment, but that would definitely not be because of happiness, it would be because of sorrow.

I wanted to release all my kept-up feelings because I felt like a ticking time bomb just waiting for the right moment to explode.

I have to do something about this.

7:45 pm. Perfect.

I slipped on some clothes from my closet and tied my hair up then headed downstairs.

"Anak, saan ka pupunta?"

Tanong sa akin ni Mama nang bubuksan ko ang front door.

She had this worried look all over her face, but at the same time she was looking at my attire that consisted of a cropped hoodie, shorts and my running shoes.

"Don't worry Ma, I'm just going to clear up my mind for a bit."

With my assurance, I went outside and went for a run around our village.

This could probably be the literal meaning of  "running away from your  problems", except Arthur isn't my problem, it would be me.

Second, I'm not really running away I'm just clearing off the thoughts that disturb my mind.

I ran faster and faster until I didn't realize it was already raining.

I didn't even realize that tears that had welled up in my eyes were now flowing and running down to my cheeks.

At the same time memories of Arthur and regret flooded my mind.

The ticking time bomb has finally exploded.

My sobs became heavier with my chest moving up and down while panting.

I didn't stop running even with the sky raining harder and harder until my sobs were dissolved by the sound of heavy rain and was left to be only heard by me.

I came to a stop.

The heavy rain that poured over me was nothing compared to the thoughts that filled my mind

Arthur...

Arthur...

Arthur...

I needed him back into my life.

Why did I even let him go?

Why did I even hide the truth?

Questions immediately flooded my mind, but could only contain one truth.

"Mahal kita Arthur!!! Mahal na mahal kita!!!"

I never imagined myself saying those words, at least not in this state of mine.

Pero what's the point? It's too late, hindi naman niya ito maririnig.

I shivered as the cold raindrops fell on my skin.

The next thing I know I was crouching on the street, knees brought next to my chest and my hands covering my face and muffled sobs.

If Arthur was here he would be handing me his umbrella but that would mean he'll be the one to get wet.

Ganun naman na talaga siya mula noong bata pa kami. Always playing the big brother role.

Pero kailangan tumatak sa isip ko na wala na si Arthur para maging nandito lagi sa tabi ko

And I'm afraid I would have to get used to not being with him because having Arthur beside me became a habit.

Sana nga magising ako ng lamig ng ulan sa katotohanan na hanggang kaibigan lang kami ni Arthur.