3

I thought Dad was gonna save me, I really did but it's been a week and nothing. I'm starting to loose hope.

"Yah!" I heard Jin yell at me waking me up.

"Shit! What gives?" I whined sleepily.

"Leave my damn lights on one more time and you're paying the electric bill for next month. And I dont think you can exactly do that right now."

He glared at me.

"I'm sorry... I'll make sure to turn them out next time." I mumbled turning around.

"That was easier than I thought. You're getting soft, princess." He said starting to walk out.

"Are you gone?" I called.

"Like every morning. I'll be back tonight don't miss me too much." He said walking out.

I sighed. As annoying as that man was he really kept me company. I'm starting to learn what Jin calls...'respect' I suppose.

I'm realizing that my character is really shallow. I've been basically nothing without my money this past week. If you subtract my riches, I'm no better than any other person. If this is what Dad and Seokjin are trying to teach me then I think they're succeeding.

I've learned how to say please and thank you. Everything's been decent around here I guess...Jin and I still annoy each other but we're a little better.

But without him I've been really bored. I don't have many friends and the ones I have now don't live anywhere close to me. Stupid tiny country house.

°°°

"Finally, you're late." I said glancing at my phone.

It was 9:30. Jin usually got off at seven.

"I don't have to come home to you. It's not like we're married." He said to me.

"W-well...where did you go?" I asked.

"Nowhere. Had to work over time. We're nosy today aren't we?" He questioned quirking an eyebrow.

"No I'm just hungry and I still only have 5$ in my account." I sighed.

"Weren't you supposed to apply for a job? I helped you write a resume last week."

I looked around guiltily.

"I honestly thought I was gonna be gone by now." I giggled nervously.

"You're so irresponsible, work for yourself for once." Jin scolded.

"Whatever. Could you just suggest places for me to work?" I asked pulling out my laptop.

"Do I have to do everything for you? I got home late today. I might wanna rest you know." He said loosening his cherry red tie.

Jin crashed on the couch beside me, glancing at my computer.

"I know. Just give me some places you think I could work in." I begged.

"How 'bout none? Trust me, you aren't cut out for a job yet." The man laughed.

"I'm capable! I can do it!" I pouted.

"Fine, since you're so broke...I'll make a deal with you. If you can survive a job until your first paycheck ,which is in two weeks, I will give you an extra hundred dollars for your hard work. How does that sound?" Jin offered.

"Great. I could use that money Seokjin." I winked at him.

"Like you'll ever get it. But apply to Starbucks. They're probably the best fit for you." He said stretching and standing up.