Chapter Four: Falling

Three weeks have passed and  things are progressing well. Paige's power is coming along quite nicely. The small fireball she was able to launch at me has now become a thin stream of flames. Currently we are sitting on the couch, watching some stupid chick flick she insisted on. Every thing was just fine and normal until the little mortal leaned over and put her head on my shoulder, letting out a little sigh of contentment. Eyeing her warily, I shift to get more comfortable sighing when she shifts with me. Finally I give up and go back to watching the pathetic movie. 

Near the end of the movie Paige's breathing evens out and slows down, she's asleep. I cuss the girl mentally as I shift to pull her into my arms. Getting to my feet, I carry my tiny Charge to her room and tuck her in. Afterwards I sit at my desk and try to figure out what I'm going to do with that girl. She's stubborn, wilfull, and beautiful. Wait.. when did I start thinking of her as beautiful? Well I guess she has always been pretty... Getting off track here. That girl just won't listen, hell I have to make her angry just to make her powers work. With a sigh I head to bed myself. 

The next morning I wake to the smell of cooking food. Jumping out of bed, I burst into the kitchen to find the last thing I would have expected. Paige stands there, humming as she flips pancakes. I stand watching until she notices me. Her face goes bright red and she makes an adorable eep sound. Plastering a cocky smirk on my face, though I feel anything but, I take a seat at the table and wait for breakfast. 

My little Charge cooks the bacon with a stream of flames from her fingertips, making me grin proudly. She blushes a brighter shade of red and puts a plate in front of me, muttering about eating and shutting up. Chuckling quietly I dig into the food, which is amazing. After breakfast comes more training. Paige is getting better with her fire powers, and I find myself unable to keep my eyes off her. She caught me staring once and I swear she smirked, right before she discovered a new power and subsequently tried to kill me with it. Good thing demons are immortal. The tiny girl discovered she can blow things up with her mind. Vicious thing kept trying to blow me up, maybe because I kept taunting her to improve her control. Oops? 

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The days blur into weeks and Paige's control just gets better and better. I find myself watching her constantly and not just for training. She has always been beautiful, but in the last few days she seems to be absolutely stunning . I can't explain it, nor can I help these feelings. One thing I know for sure is that I will not act on them. It's against the rules for a demon to fall for his Charge, or to even consider it.