Chapter Two: Questions

Paige looked shocked, nervous, and even angry but she didn't look scared. Crouching down I take her chin in my hand gently, turning her beautiful blue eyes my way. As green locks blue hers suddenly grow colder. 

"Who the fuck are you? What the hell are you? Why is he after me? Who the hell is he? Did you just kill him?" Her words spill from her lips in a spiral. She keeps speaking but I have stopped listening, contemplating on what to tell her. I can't tell her too much until I get her home, it will only put her in more danger. I finally decide to tell her the basics just to shut her up until I can get her home. 

"My name is Cole. I'm your protector, I've watched you since you were born. Now we must leave this place, I'll tell you more once we get home." My voice is detached, bordering on cold. A demon is not to get too attached to the Charge. She looks at me like I'm insane and just stands there. We don't have time for this, there could be more things after her right now. 

With a loud sigh of exasperation I lift the little annoyance over my shoulder, she immediately  starts screaming and pounding her tiny fists against my back. Growling, I shimmer us into my living room before someone comes looking for the source of the screams. Dropping Paige on the couch I go to make sure all the security is set to keep both things out and her in. When I return the girl is rocking back and forth on the couch, mumbling something. Seeing me, she stands up and flies at me. Her fist connects with my jaw roughly. It doesn't hurt me, but I hear her whimper of pain. 

I grip her wrists gently, stopping any further attempts to hit me. She struggles before finally going limp. Letting go, I push her back on the couch. "Are you gonna be still and listen to what I have to say?"

At her nod I continue. "As I said before my name is Cole, Cole King. I'm a demon that was assigned to protect you from birth. You my dear are a witch and this year you get your powers. This means that all the baddies are after you now, that's where I come in. Currently we are in my home. Now its been a long day, why don't you head up to your room and get some rest?"

I could tell she was burning with more questions but she doesn't speak, nor does she look frightened. I'm just glad she is no longer violent. As Paige leaves the room I sit at my desk and think about where we go from here. Putting my face in my hands I sigh. Letting an energy ball form in my hand, I send it around the room to make sure Paige won't slip out while I'm sleeping. Then I turn out the lights and head to bed.

The next morning, I get up and start breakfast. I'm just about finished when there's movement from Paige's room. Soon enough she comes stumbling out. Smirking at her, I place a cup of super sweet coffee and a plate of waffles on the table. She looks surprised. I sit across from her with a cup of black coffee and the paper. 

"Don't look so shocked Paige, after all I have watched you since forever." Her mouth snaps shut and she glares at the reminder of that. She mumbles and stabs at her food apparently forgetting my demon status. I could hear every word she said. Once breakfast was over I decided that the girl needed to learn what her powers are. So I lead her to the training room my father had installed. Once there we get down to business. 

"I don't see why I'm even here, I mean I think I would know if I was a witch. Hello are you even listening?" Not waiting for an answer she continues. "Do you even have any powers besides that weird jumping thingy?" Getting tired of her endless chatter I put my hand over her mouth. The main thing  on my mind is how I am going to stand to teach this woman, let alone protect her?

A/N

This story is based on and inspired by my relationship with my girl. Paige is her basically. I'll try to update every Friday.