Chapter Ten: LockDown

A week later

This is getting harder. Resisting her when she parades around in tiny clothes and swim suits. Denying my love for her. Paige is insane. She knows what will happen if we act on this attraction, knows the consequences for her. Yet she acts as if she couldn't care less. It blows my mind how she behaves as if she has no fear of of the Demon King yet she runs from mice. 

My father wouldn't hesitate to kill her if we did, no matter how powerful she is or will become. The witch knows of my love for her I suspect. I pray. If she doesn't know it would be very easy to pass my lingering gaze and longing looks off as lust. And there is plenty of that. Demons are hardwired even more so then humans to breed, it is what we live for. The continuation of our species. I will not act on my feeling, I vow. I will not be the cause of the woman I loves death. No, bad Cole. You don't love her.

Calling on my demon heritage, my eyes flash red as I lock my feeling away in an iron chest in my mind. I then seal the chest under lays of mental blocks. I shall never think of her as anything but my Charge again. Even as I do this a searing pain flares in my chest, the feeling will not be ignored that easily. After hours of struggling the iron chest is finally sealed away. I leave my room, finding Paige in the kitchen with tiny cotton shorts and a bikini top. I look at her in disapproval. 

"You should go get dressed. We have things to do today." My voice remains even, facial expression never changing from a stoic mask. I can see confusion flash across her face as I refuse to even look in her direction. Different emotions cycle through her eyes. Confusion, hurt, anger, finally settling on determination. I can see the conviction by the set of her delicate jaw. Oh hell, I thing to myself, I've only made her want this more. "Now please."

Seeing that I am not going to change my mind Paige huffs and stomps off to get dressed. The floor under her feet now has scorch marks. I sigh, this is gonna be a long day. 

Sometime Later

We were in a deserted warehouse, well almost. There was a horde of bounty hunters camped out in the run down place. I waited outside, acting as backup, as Paige went in to dispose of them. This should be easy for her. Then again with my luck nothing is ever easy. I hear a scream from inside and my blood runs cold. It's my Charge.