Chapter One: Meeting

I was sitting in a run down bar, watching my Charge flirt with some older guy. It disgusts me how he keeps looking down her shirt, he's twice her age! Did I forget to mention that I'm a demon? Well yes, my name is Cole King. I'm twenty one with black hair and green eyes, standing at six foot five. See when very special people, witches, are born a demon is born to protect them. My Charge is a tiny little woman with dark red hair and crystal blue eyes. Her name is Paige Williams, only she knows nothing about me or even what she is.

That's all about to change, my Charge has just turned twenty one. This is when she receives her powers meaning my services are needed. Many creatures are going to come for her power, not to mention keeping her from exposing our world. This annoying little woman had no idea the danger she is in, no with her its all about parties and boys. My father, the king of the underworld, hand picked me to watch out for this witch. She is special, as in mega powerful. Looks like the little annoyance is leaving.

Sighing softly I get up to follow her. Turning the corner I hear a scream. Sounds like Paige. I shift my form to my demon half and rush to her, finding a bounty hunter standing over the girl. With a growl I knock him off my Charge plunging my claws through his chest. Bracing myself I turn to check on Paige.