Chapter 3

"Come on we should get back" Zane said as he held a hand out to me. I stared at it then I just got up by my self. I heard him let out a sigh beside me. I might have smiled a bit at him and told him my name but that didn't mean I still wanted a mate I don't deserve one. We walked in an awkward silence because I refused to talk. soon we made it back to the house. Zane grabbed my waist and turned me to face him. "Why won't you accept that we're mates and be happy?" he growled I knew by me not talking and being distant was setting his wolf on edge. "Because I'm broken and I just deserve to be only until the end of my life." I said as I pushed him away and made my way to the house. "are you ok?" was the first thing I heard when I walked in the door but I ignored them and went to my room and locked the door. I picked up all the little pieces of glass and throw them away before going to my closet and grabbing something to sleep in. As I was changing I could heard movement outside of my door. after an hour I got up and walked to my door and slowly opened it to see my mate curled up in a ball with a pillow and blanket on the floor right outside my door. I got on my knees and tapped his shoulder. he woke up and when he saw me he shot right up. "what are you doing?" I asked. "I.....I....I...ummm.....I wanted to be cl...close to y...you so I laid here"he stuttered from the embarrassment of being caught. I saw he cheeks grow pinker by the minute. "you wanted to be close to me?" I asked. "of course you're my mate I will aways want to be close to you" he said. "even after all the stuff I said?" I asked again. he smiled and nodded his head. Tears began falling down my face but I didn't even notice until Zane began wiping them away. My brother and grandparents loved me and comforted me but this was different as held me close as I cried he picked me up place me in my bed and laid down with me rubbing circles on my lower back. Before I knew it my eyes grew heavy and I was in a deep sleep while I felt the warmth of my mate beside me.