Chapter 6

I was watching Conner and Zane play football when Conner slammed Zane onto the ground. I stared in shock wondering if he was alright or not. I didn't know I was walking toward him until I was right next to him. I got down on my knees and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Zane" I whispered while shaking him a little. he turned his head toward me. "yes?" he asked with a smile on his face. "you scared me" I said as I let out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he said as he turn and sat on his knees staring into my eyes. he grabbed my hands and said "I won't scare you like that again I promise" I just nodded and hugged him his arms soon found there way around me. "I'm going to go in so you two can have your ummmm.....moment" Conner said as he rubbed the back of his neck. After awhile Zane pulled away and made his way to his feet. "where are you going?" I asked as I stared up at him. "Come on" he said as he held out his hand. I stared at his hand for a minute before slipping mine into his. He smiled and pulled me to my feet. he keep my hand in his as we walking into the wood. as we were making our way deeper into the woods we heard growl and we both stopped as the smell of rogue filled the air.