Chapter 18

I laid with Zane for hours. The doctor told me Zane wouldn't be able to talk for awhile but Zane had already informed me. He's supposed to take it slow. If he tries to talk all at once then the operation would be a fail and they wouldn't be able to do it again. We didnt talk much we just laid there enjoying each other. I love him. I really do i cant lose him. I dont think i could make it through all the pain. "Zoe!!!!" Conner yelled as he ran down the hall. I sighed and slowly sat up and was about to get out of the bed but Conner came running threw the door before my feet could even touch the ground. "What are you doing?" I asked as i stood up and Zane sat up. "There are a lot of werewolfs close to our northern border!" Conner explained in a rush. "How many is a lot?" I asked and i pulled on my shoes. "There are about 30 or so" He said. "Okay let's go" I said only for a hand to grab my arm. 'I'm coming also' Zane said through mind link. 'No you're staying here' I said back. He glared at me only for me to glare right back but this only lasted about 6 minutes before he looked away. 'Fine but if there is any fighting you leave right away got it?' He asked/said. I nodded then looked to Conner. "Let's go" I said and made my way to the door. Conner and me began walking to the northern border. As we came close to the border we could see the werewolfs standing outside of the border that separates our land from unclaimed land. Some of our warriors were watching them closely. "What is your reasoning for being so close to trespassing?" I asked in my alpha tone. One of them shifted back into human form and stepped forward. "I want to talk to whos in charge" he said as he crossed his arms. "That would be us" I said pointing at myself and Conner before I crossed my arms as well while glaring at him. He looked around at everyone and no one said anything so he began speaking "Our pack was attacked and it was a losing battle so me and a couple of the other warriors took all the women and children and their mates and left and now we would like to see if we could join this pack our alpha has passed in the battle if you won't take everyone could you please just take the families in," with it word you could tell he was slowly breaking and he was trying to stay strong for the rest of them but he couldn't much longer. "Alice please show them around and we're they will be staying" Conner announced. Alice quickly did so ushering them to follow her. Some shifted back lifting children from their parents backs allowing them to shit before following Alice. 'What's happening are you okay?' Zane asked through mind link. 'A pack was attacked and ran here looking for shelter' I explained before heading back to the hospital.