Chapter 2

Nash ended up walking me all the way home. I learned much about him, and vice versa. He invited me to hang out with him tomorrow but I told him I had to babysit. He seems clueless that I’ve been babysitting his siblings, so I didn’t tell him.

When I got to my house I told him he probably shouldn’t come to the door. So I waved and walked into my house. While I was waving to him he looked like he wanted to tell me something but decided against it.

I felt really rude to be honest. I wouldn’t let him walk me to the door, but I didn’t want to run into the risk of my mom seeing him. Then I’d get that big lecture about letting strangers/boys walk me home. Then she’d question him, and I’d be embarrassed. Yay!

The next morning I got up and ready for another day of watching the Grier’s. Instead of getting all ready I bummed it. I wore my Victoria secret boyfriend sweat pants and a Victoria secret jacket. I drove myself to their house, thank god my mom had work.

As I walked towards the front door of the Grier’s house I heard yelling of teenage boys. I quickly knocked on the door, I couldn’t let people see me like this! Sky opened the door jumping up and down.

“Yay Alina! You’re back!” She shouted while squeezing my leg.

I quickly walked through the door with her weight on my one leg. She didn’t really make much of a difference on my walking except I had to be more careful.

“Hey Sky,” I acknowledged her. “Do you have any plans for today?”

Sky shook her head and then slumped to the ground. She put on her thinking face and posed like that one sculpture… I think it’s called the thinker… I can’t use my brain right now. It’s way too early in the morning. My stomach growls and I realize I haven’t eaten yet. I suddenly feel a hand on my stomach. I look down to see Sky patting my stomach.

“You sound hungry. Let’s go make food! I’m hungry too!” With her goofy self she dances over to the fridge and bounces up and down.

I giggle and walk to the fridge and grab milk. Then have Sky direct me to the cereal. We both eat our bowls of cereal and giggle at our side comments.

Once I get up to clean Sky throws pieces of her cereal at me. I turn around shocked at her and throw the pieces that hit me back at her. Soon it’s pretty much all-out war. We laugh at each other so hard we grab our stomachs.

As we start to clean up our mess we hear a laugh and footsteps outside. I look at Sky and she’s already looking at me. She nods her head and hides. I hide behind the counter waiting to attack. Hayes and Nash walk in pushing each other around and laughing. A sound like a tribal call is made and I start to attack the brothers with my cereal pieces.

At first the boys don’t get what’s happening, but after a couple seconds they pick of the cereal and fire back.

Now we all pick up the mess and laugh about how Nash slipped. His cheeks get red every time we laugh but he brushes it off and obviously tries to laugh off his embarrassment. I throw my pieces into the trash can and when I turn around Nash is right in front of me. Just causally smiling down at me.

“So, I was thinking tonight I could bring you to a party?” He asks me rubbing the back of his neck.

I quickly decline. Yet when he asks why, I have no good reason.

“Look Alina, from what I’ve gathered I think you need to go out for one night in your life,”

I feel hurt on the inside. I mean yeah I’ve never been to a party before, but no reason to use it against me. No, Nash is right I need to go out. He doesn’t mean to use it against me, he just wants me to have fun for once. I shouldn’t be mad at him.