Next week's national finals #3

Next week we'll have Melodifestivalen and Melodi Grand Prix, which were meant to be the highlights of this national selections season, but oh well, since quality isn't the word that I would use to describe entries of those two selections, Vidbir and A Dal (I mean, the final of A Dal) kind of stole the show. Anyways, here are my two rankings:

Melodifestivalen 2018 | SWEDEN

I will cover the whole season here, not just the final, by the way - I'll do the final right after the complete top;

28. Jonas Gardell - Det Finns En Väg

What can I say about this? The live completely ruins it.

27. Edward Blom - Livet på en pinne

I like joke entries. But this... I just don't get it.

26. Felicia Olsson - Break That Chain

It's so generic I can't even remember it ;--;

25. Kikki Danielsson - Osby Tennessee

This song creates some atmosphere, which isn't something that I can say about entries 28, 27 and 26, but that's pretty much all.

24. Jessica Andersson - Party Voice

The song itself - the melody and the mood, I mean - is not bad at all, but the lyric "dance like a mother" completely ruined its chances to do well in this top. Sorry Jessica.

23. Elias Abbas - Mitt Paradis

I'm not hating this, it's a fun and entertaining entry, let's say. But I'm not a fan of the way it's presented live and there are stronger uptempo songs in this year's Melodifestivalen.

22. Olivia Eliasson - Never Learn

Her live vocals are a disaster and I don't understand the point of these neon yellow outfits.

21. Dotter - Cry

I'm... I'm not a fan of this kind of experimental music sorry :| But I have to admit that she has a wonderful stage presence!

20. Barbi Escobar - Stark

The song was great... until we reached the drop. It feels like they didn't have the time to actually finish it, so now it feels empty. However, I like the staging; even if she doesn't move, it still feels lively thanks to the dancers.

19. Emmi Christensson - Icarus

Her voice is amazing, the staging is amazing, everything's perfect, so why am I putting this that low? Oh, yeah, right, it's a song contest...

18. Kalle Moraeus & Orsa Spelmän - Min Dröm

Every time I try to remember the melody of Min Dröm I always end up singing Himmel Och Hav and, oh, surpise!, both songs were written by Thomas G:son and Alexzandra Wickman... Anyways, I really like the staging, even if it reminds me a bit too much that summer is coming - bad news for a winter person like me.

17. John Lundvik - My Turn

And here is our overhyped song of the year, yay! I really don't understand why everybody is loving this, as to me it sounds like some kind of bad John Legend reject...

16. Stiko Per Larsson - Titta Vi Flyger

This song somehow reminds me of Into A Fantasy by Alexander Rybak, which is a very good point. This song has an interesting instrumentation that makes it stand out from the rest, in my opinion. The staging wasn't that good, though - I mean the background LEDs.

15. Martin Almgren - A Bitter Lullaby

This is a beautiful ballad... I wish I could remember the melody :/