MGP 2020 // semi final 1 TOP 4

Hey! I have a wee bit of free time so I could listen to the songs and I can say I'm rather unimpressed... Let's wait for the rest I guess

4. Raylee - Wild
Not my thing whatsoever... I like the lyrics in the verses but I don't really get how the chorus fits, but whatever, not sure the lyrics are the most important thing in the song. Her voice sounds processed, so I fear for her live perf. Not that I'd be disappointed if she didn't qualify mind you :')

3. Lisa Børund
The chorus is pretty but that's about it. Also there are some harmonies over her vocals, I'm afraid it'll sound empty. That's a problem with a lot of pop songs, especially nowadays, it's not meant to be performed, therefore it's over processed and polished, and doesn't necessarily sound as nice live as in the studio.

2. Kim Rysstad - Rainbow
It does sound dated and a bit bland, even slightly generic, but at least it doesn't irritate me, nor bore me. I also like the instrumentation, in the chorus in particular.

1. Geirmund - Come Alive
Someone's been listening to A LOT of Imagine Dragons :'D Not the biggest fan of the song but it's the best of the bunch. Plus it doesn't sound hard to sing so it shouldn't be a catastrophe live.

Well, there you go. I expect it's one of the two female pop songs that'll win, but oh well. There's still some more to come, including the Solli-Tangen bros, whom I hope will not let me down.