3

I called Lorraine and asked but she couldn't. She had to go to her cousin's birthday in an hour.

"But you could come you know. It's going to be held at Ally's amusement park. " she told me.

"I wish i could, sorry. I had just came to help Cartie unpack but I thought it would only take a couple hours. We haven't even started yet but I have to work later."

"Cartie is back? That's great." I could practically imagine her blushing right now.

"Yes, maybe when we are all free we could hangout? With this guy named Hugh?" I asked.

"Who is Hugh?" She asked.

"You'll find out." I answered .

"Okay, sounds good. I have to go, see you." I returned my see you and hung up. I returned to the room and saw Carter moving boxes with the help of Hugh.

"I kind of have to leave in 30 minutes, I'm sorry but I didn't think it would take this long." I directed towards Carter.

"Yeah it's fine. We could always continue this anytime." He shrugged. I was glad he didn't make a big deal out of this.

"Well, let me start with the closet, give me your box of shoes." He handed me a very heavy box, heavier than i could expect.

"What do you have here? Five bowling balls?" I laughed

"Shut up Gracey." I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

I was done with the closet and helped Carter with another box labelled " BATHROOM STUFF " .

I looked around to see what Hugh was doing and noticed that he was drawing on a sheet of paper. I got up quietly and snuck behind him.

"You know that isn't helping us unpack?" He got startled, while I laughed hardly.

"You scared me, that wasn't cool." I apologized but he brushed it off stating that he was only playing around with me.

"So-" I started just as his phone suddenly began ringing. He apologized before getting up and headed outside the room to answer the call.

That must be an important call because it's been thirty minutes and still going. I headed to the bathroom to tell Carter I was leaving. Hugh had his back on me so i quietly tip-toed past him.

"Hey Cartie, I'm leaving already. I finished the closet. Anyway, i will be arranging my schedules so we could hang out with Lorraine, and please, bring that friend of yours, Hugh." I sat down on the space beside the sink in the bathroom.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't know Hugh was going to be here. My mom talked to his mom and he found out that I was back so he wanted to see me, he is my best friend after all, but so you are." He hugged me.

"It's fine, bye." I headed out of Carter's house and noticed that I didn't see Hugh. It's still cold outside. I held my coat against my body during my short walk back home.

I looked out the front huge window from the café i worked at. You might think like wow really a café. So original but this is a great paying job that works around my school hours. My thoughts were interrupted by a tap on my shoulder.

"Grace, are you okay?" I turned and saw two concerned faces.

"Yes, Tylor and Miles." I smiled at them. Taylor and Miles were two who i worked with, along with our manager, Amanda.

"Well, we should all be getting back to work." Miles said. Today is a slow day with little costumers. I would blame the weather. There are about three customers here right now. Taylor and I headed towards the cash registers while Miles went to do inventory.

Taylor and i were in the middle of a conversation when we saw two people coming over way. We both departed to out registers. Once the two customers cane into view, I wished he wasn't really standingg in front of me.

"Welcome to Mandy's, can I take your order?" I said as I am supposed to.

He made his order and went to a random table.

He looked like Carter.  If Carter was here, i would have thought of them as twins. This is the thing. That guy brings a woman with him .  It reminds me of how I'm really into Carter but I just can't tell him because he is into Lorraine. I can't simply get rid of Lorraine and avoid Carter from interacting to her.

Once again, my thought were interrupted, but this time, by my manager, Amanda.

"Hey, what is in your mind? Are you okay? You seem like thinking about something personal. Not being rude, but this is work, stay focused." She said. I got back to work.

There are really little amount of customers today.

We had 10 minutes until closing time. I had been assigned to clean my table, along with Taylor.

I finished with my share of cleaning the tables and said my goodbyes to Taylor. I rushed home to have a rest and called it a day. I really have to think of a way to get Carter as my Partner.