5

Today's school activities are just as boring as what it is before.

"You know what Grace? Hugh is freaking attractive. I have never seen someone as attractive as him" Lorraine confesses to me.

"So your point is, YOU get attracted at the
first sight?" I asked, Lorraine is not the type who fall in love that fast unlike me who fall for Carter.

"Probably? He is okay you know" Lorraine confesses one more time. "What about Carter?" I asked Lorraine about her thoughts on Carter.

"Carter has nothing to do about this. He likes you, Grace. Cmon, wake up Grace." Lorraine said.

I shook my head as an answer, "That's never possible, Lorraine." I said.

Lorraine gives out a deep sigh and leaves me alone.

"Is she serious?" I asked myself

-

I continue my routine after school which is my part time job. Nothing special happens today, I woke up, went to school, and now here working. My routine seems boring as always.

I leave after the half day working when I saw Carter waiting for me outside. "Grace!"

"What are you doing here, Cartie?" I asked curiously. He has never fetched me, no one ever.

"Get in" he ordered as he opens his car door for me. I get in as told and put on the seatbelt.

"So you are going to take me somewhere unknown without telling me?" I turn on the radio infront of me and ask him.

"I'm just taking you to Mcdonalds for your dinner" he said, still focusing on the road in front of him.

"Really?! Omg, thankyou! I have been craving for it! I love you Cartie!" I jumped out of excitement.

He smiled as a reply and continue driving.
"I love you too" he whispers softly, yet I still clearly heard what he said.

"What?" I looked at him. "No, nothing. Forget it. Ah- we arrive!" He answered right in the time we arrived.

I haven't had Mcdonalds for like months. I guess Carter read my craving list.

"That's too much Gracie. You will get fat in your whole body with that." Carter teases me after he saw me coming out with a big plastic full with hamburgers and fries.

"None of your problem, you just have to pay for it and I will finish it" I said as I get in and started eating.

"Sharing is caring Grace, hand me some of that. I haven't had my dinner too" Carter begged me.

I hand him one hamburger with no fries, "Just this? Stingy" he said and started to eat his hamburger.

The word "share" doesn't exist in my dictionary, it never will. Especially if it is connected to FOOD.

-

He drove me home safely, as what he expect, I finish my whole meal. "Do you want to have a cup of tea or coffee first inside?" I offered him.

He nodded and follows me inside. I open the door and saw candles, balloons and flowers everywhere.

The candles form a sentence, "Grace, will you be my girl?"

I face back and saw Carter with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. "I love you Grace" he said.

"Me too" I walk closer to him and hug him tightly.

"You didn't expect this right Gracie? Me neither. Lorraine amd Hugh designed everything, they did well" Carter said, still wrapping his hand around my waist.

"Yeah, Lorraine is right"