FOUR : "HER"

*Jim*

And for the very first friend I made here in Sydney, she is extremely adorable. I'm sure she is an ARMY. Through her friend's reactions, I guess they recognized me. However, they didn't speak and I am grateful for that. Her friends froze when they saw me. They couldn't speak because of the sudden shock and the way Jiha hissed to bring them back to Earth, I somehow found that cute.

While walking to class we passed by three boys. I caught one of them staring at Jiha with a smug look. He was wearing a full sleeved grey T-shirt over light blue jeans. He had his sleeves pulled up till his elbow and he had earphones on. It appeared as if he was trying to look cool or full of swag; honestly, he looked like a loser. More like a drunkard. Jiha gave him a smile, but that punk just ignored her. Like, he walks towards her, stares at her, and when she smiles, he ignores her. What's wrong with him, I scoff.

During our Math classes, Jiha's class participation impressed me. She asks questions of she doesn't understand the concepts. She had completed her vacations assignments too. She was also ready with the answers to the problems; though she got confused a lot, her class work was complete by the end of the class.

I loved Jiha's gaze on me when I first met her, the morning of the first day of University. But that was the only pair of eyes that I liked which stated at me that way. Not that I disliked the gang's shocked faces, but the way other school girls started giving me looks made me feel disgusted. Some of them winked at me, some licked their bottom lips, some made smoochy faces -- it was all uncomfortable. And thanks to Jiha, she covered it up for me. She either glared at some girls or yelled at the others.

Jiha's a sweet person. She is a good friend too. She helps me with the class work, which I don't require that much, but don't mind either. The tables turn over at times when she mixes some of the formulas and I have to help her confused self out. She never left my side for my whole first day; saving me from the wild eyes of those female beasts, till some jealous glares from the guys of the football teams due to being a part of the popularity group this soon. Jiha didn't let such people offend me or bring a frown on my face. So I must say, she is a fierce one too.

The day she had to sing the song. I never knew it Serendipity she was supposed to sing. Back at the dance class, when she was annoyed by the fact that she disliked singing Korean songs, I felt wrong about thinking that she was an ARMY. I felt hurt? I don't know, but I decided not to force her to sing something she doesn't want to. So I dropped the situation and went ahead to focus on the Dance Class. When I heard that she agreed to sing, I felt a wave of joy rushing within me. During the performance, I just couldn't believe my ears. Serendipity seemed so beautiful as she sang it. I was moved by the emotions she let flow throughout the song. I never expected any non-Korean to sing it that beautifully. Jiha eyes had never left her friends and me throughout the performance. It was as if she sang the song to us, especially. Her voice is so beautiful, for sure.

Other than that, she is understanding as well. During break times, to avoid much crowd, I decided to spend my recess at the roof top; or, in the classroom alone. That's what I had discussed with the managers too. Jiha and the others accompany me along. Maybe this was a way to save Jiha from the nasty predators too, as I remember what happened once in class.

As we were walking into the class, some students stared gasping as they saw me. It appeared as if they recognize me. I felt unease. Other than respectful people, there are people who don't care about other's personal spaces and lash out at them. And so, I had to face such people now.

A girl runs towards me and hugs me. Another girl comes and pulls me by the arms away from the first one. I flinched at that. I didn't have any personal bodyguard to protect me here...I'm in my own.