THREE : "SERENDIPITY"

*JIHA*

I was sitting idle doing nothing other than staring at the clock. Only ten minutes more and this boring Physics class ends. I had completed the given numerical but I couldn't just leave the class that easily to save myself from being suffocated in these laws and reasoning. That's against the rules, and it is rude too. I had to wait for the bell to go off and until the other students complete their work. I wonder why they are too slow?

Out of blue, a maintenance staff lady arrived and gave a few knocks at the classroom door. She hands the teacher a white paper with something written on it. Not that I was interested, but the teacher called out my name. And that was what alerted me as I looked towards my teacher cautiously.

"Are you done with the assigned work?" I nod at her. "Good." She continues before signing the bottom of the paper, which now appears to be an informal permission slip. "Mrs Blake asked for you. You need to go to the Dance and Music's Department." She gives me the document and a giving her a nod and a smile.

Well, somehow, luck's with me today! I, finally, got rid of that uncomfortable tedious Physics atmosphere which had been killing me. Now I am heading to a place which relaxes me. I already had my dance class the next after Physics , so I would see Mrs Blake there anyways; I wonder why she called me a bit early.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this. I'd be glad enough to sing an English song; but, I'm really sorry, I won't sing a song which no one understands." I shake my head and try hard to hide my anger. The bell goes, signalling that my Dance Class has started.

As I entered the Dance Studio where Mrs Blake was, she straight away asked me to sing for the upcoming welcome Assembly which happens at the start of every new hard working year at our University. I love singing, and so I said yes. What I objected was, that I had to sing a Korean song. First the girls, and now Mrs Blake too, got affected by that silly KPOP virus? Why would I sing a song I barely understand? People won't understand it either, and its not even that good...at least I think it isn't.

"Jiha, people love this song. And everyone understands it. KPOP is having a big rise in popularity, thanks to the global artists BTS. And this song, its so soothing and relaxing. I personally think it might go well with your voice."

"But Mrs Blake, I-" I wasn't able to finish as I felt an arm around my shoulders. I look to the owner of the hand and its none other than Iman. Sophie and Jim came tagging along as well.

"Did I hear correct? Did you say 'BTS', Mrs Blake?" Iman asks with one of her eyebrows raised in surprise. Sophie , Iman and Jim also have their Dance Class with me, so here they are. Seeing Jim, I kind of felt guilty for ridiculing the production of his country, but what more can I do? There are a lot better artists like Shawn Mendes or Justin Beiber. Why listen to Koreans when you have these hotties?

"That's right, Iman. I wanted Jiha to sing this song for the upcoming assembly, but she won't agree. Who else would I find to harmonize the stage?" Mrs. Blake says with a pout. She shows Iman the song as I just walk away pissed about the situation. Jim walks to me, as Sophie goes to the teacher and discuss the scenario.

I sit down on the Dance floor as I heaved a big sigh. I let open my half up done hair to tie them into a high pony tail, as Jim sits beside me.

"What's wrong with singing? Why won't you sing? Singing is just..." Jim says. He stops for a while to think of a suitable word "...wonderful!"

I look at him, as he observes my face with a questioning look. I look away as I can't maintain an eye contact with him of all the boys here in the university.

"I know. It's just that I don't want to sing a Korean song." I say, looking at my feet which suddenly became more interesting than talking about my preference on which language to sing in.