TWENTY-TWO: "LEAVING"

*JIHA*

"So, Jaeyong was a saesang?"

After the events at the ranch and all the running away, we can finally relax.

Well, not Jimin and I at least. We had been put in detention.

The weekend was sure a tiring one. And even though Jimin tried to stop me from attending University today, I had no choice but to disagree because of our already ditched Friday.

We were assigned to rearrange the scattered books in the library. The girls and Levi had already left the building; and they had plans to go to the beach for a fair enough day out. 'Tit for Tat' they said.

"Yes. He had been a threat to us since before we disbanded." He puts a book back to its allotted shelf before continuing further.

"He would follow us everywhere. Book the same flights. Travel the same places as we did. He was a leech. We got him reported often. He got arrested. And then he escaped. We later found out he had his men trailing us the day of Tae's accident. Guess he really loved me." Jimin scoffs making the inverted commas with his fingers, emphasizing the word 'loved'.

He climbs down the ladder to pick up more books; on the other hand, I place the stack of books I had been carrying on the desk nearby, and walked towards him.

"Well things are better now, aren't they? We can easily have fun, and make plenty of more memories." I smile, as I put my hands on his waist around his back, in a slothful hug.

Jimin smiles briefly, but as he examines my face his expression becomes subtle. He breaks the hug and takes a step back. His action leaves me confused.

"Jimin?"

"Jiha, I should go." He breaks eye contact and looks elsewhere but at me.

"Go where?"

"Leave."

"What?"

Jimin takes a seat on the desk next to him, and I sit beside him with my hand fidgeting.

He takes a deep breathe before continuing.

"Going to Jin Hyung might be the safest act now."

"What are you talking about, Jimin? Like seriously, what?"

"Look. It was because of me everyone got in danger. You got hurt, and its my fault. Think about it. If Jaeyong had shot one of the horses, wouldn't there have been a stampede at the ranch? Levi and you could have died. Everyone's lives were at stake."

"You're talking nonsense. We did that do protect you."

"Exactly! To protect me! Everyone risked their lives to protect me! One wrong step, and everyone would have died."

Jimin's sudden outburst scared me. Whatever he said was, however, true. If one horse would have been shot, all the horses might have panicked. The ranch staff comprised of riders only. They were not trained to fight. Only Levi and I were professional fighters, the girls, Grandpa, Jimin we were not a match for our opposing side.

"And so, for all of you guys' safety, I have to leave."

Jimin stands in front of me with a pained expression on his face. Jimin's eyes are pinned to mine, expecting an answer from me.

"You can't do this." My voice is shaky and barely audible; however, I guess Jimin heard me.

"Jiha-"

I sense that there were no more books left to organize, and that our punishment is over.

"I see we're done with the task. Catch ya at home, I need some work to check up on to." I quickly flash him a smile, which prettily obvious is a fake one. Without wasting any seconds, I rush out of the library with tears in my eyes.