Chapter 2

"Hay gurl, hay!' I hear Echo's voice in my head.

"Hi Echo." I try to concentrate on the english essay I'm writing. if I don't fail this essay, i 'll have a shot at passing grade 10 English.

"So, what are you up to now?" she plops herself down on my bed, her perfect brown curls bouncing around her shoulders, and her unreal emerald green eyes staring at me.

"You should know. I saw you in the hallway today." I said playing with my long black hair that I had straightened this morning.

"You don't have to be so grouchy all the time." she whined.

"I have no friends, and the doctors don't know what's wrong with me." i scowl

'I'm not you're friend?" she pouts.

"YOU'RE NOT FRIGGING REAL!" her eyes got wide in fear and a couple tears streamed down her face.

"Well sorry about that. It's not my fault." she says and crosses her arms.

"It's not my fault either" I mutter and go back to my essay.

"Skye! Did you remember to turn off the water?" I hear Rachel's voice in my ear. rachel is another of my "Imaginary" friends.

"Of course I did, Rachel!"

'Skye" Echo says, so I turn around and look at her. She looks terrified.

"what's up Echo?"

"Rachel isn't here."

"Oh..." i whisper, not looking at my friend.

"She's in your head again, isn't she." Echo  states.

"everything just seems so real. Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is actually talking to me. I know that you and Rachel and Nora and Karmen aren't real, but you all seem like regular human beings." I murmur, but I hear the click of my dorknob, and Echo is gone. She'll be back sometime soon.

"Skye!" I hear a distant voice. I ignore it, as it is probably not real.

"Skye! Come here! Skye!" I massage my temple and take a deep breath. This is distracting me from my work.

I hear my door burst open and I whip my head around. My mother is standing there, looking furious. Did she find out about my secret?

"Skye! I have called you 3 times to come down to supper. Why have you not replied?" she spurts. So it was my mother calling me. Oops. That's embarrassing....

"Sorry. I guess I didn't hear you." I mutter, and head out of my room, behind the woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've got a pic of Echo on the side! Please keep commenting andreviewing! Thanks so much!

<3bettibloop