Chapter 7

SO, just a very short but important chapter. PLease keep leaving your comments and reviews, they arereally appreciated!!!

<3bettibloop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't concentrate. Tommorow we are going to my doctor to find out the results of my MRI. These math problems are a jumble on the page. Who cares the value of x? I'm sure David does. He is so good at math. He would be good at explaining these questions to me, if he was willing to talk I me like I am a normal person.

I grab my math textbook and walk out of my room. I slowly walk down the stairs and hear David and my mother talking. I hear my name. I creep closer to the closed door that leads to the family room. The tv is on, but David and my mother aren't talking svout any tv shows of commercials. Although I cannot see them, I can tell that they are in their favourite positoion. David is sitting with his arm sprawled out across the back of the sofa. Mom is resting her head on his shoulder. Finally I get close enough to hear what they are saying about me.

"I'm really worried about her, David" my mom says.

"And rightly so. I knew something was wrong with her from Day one." I am enraged to hear my stepfather's voice, accusing me of nothing.

"It's all my fault. I should have given her to the adoption agency. I shouldn't have thought that I could raise a child properly before I was married."

"It's not your fault. It's her own. You never can trust children like that." I feel like running in there and smacking David. Hurting him. And I almost do. But I know that they can never know that I heard their conversation about me. SO I quietly walk up to my room and try to focus on math. Eventually I fall asleep at my desk, the math problems still not done.