𝟏𝟎 ╸terrible liar

𝑴𝑴𝑶𝑻𝑩                 . . .                   𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 𝑖 ❩
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
━━━ 𝙱. 𝙱𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙴𝚂 / ❛ i will 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡,
𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙡 of 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━ ∘༄⋅°
𝐓𝐄𝐍,                           𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓

━━━━━━━━━━━━ ∘༄⋅°𝐓𝐄𝐍,                           𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝙽 !

NATASHA ROLLED UP to the hospital in her black Corvette, police surrounding the place, their red and blue lights flicking everywhere, a blinding realisation to her that everything that has happened is real. She climbs out of the car without even turning it off, walking through the many doors of the hospital to get to the room Nick Fury was getting his surgery done, stepping beside Steve and Daina. She sees her long-time friend on the gurney, a cap on his head, many doctors and nurses standing around him, doing their jobs. Diana places a hand on the shorter, red-headed woman's shoulder, and Natasha turns to see the Amazon standing in all black.

It made everything crash down onto her.

"Is he going to make it?" Her voice breaks the silence, her blue eyes staring down at all the blood being shed as the surgeons stitch him back up. "I don't know," Steve answers truthfully, shrugging.

"Tell me about the shooter."

"He's fast," Steve replies. "Strong. Had a metal arm." Memories come back to Natasha, Agent Hill's shoes announcing her arrival. "Ballistics?" Natasha asks, Maria shook her head, Diana bowed hers. "Three slugs, no rifling," Maria reports. "Completely untraceable."

"Soviet-made," Diana and Natasha echo, both of them continuing to watch the surgery as Steve looks down at his feet. They all felt horrible; they had to protect the world yet they couldn't even protect one man. The sound of a flat-line resonates, doctors rushing around, trying to find different things to save Nick's life. They called for the defibrillator, Natasha feeling horror rush through her veins at the thought of one of her greatest friend's death. 'Don't do this to me, Nick," she whispers to herself. They count down and shock him, some nurses raising their hands, others trying to find things, but no pulse was shown on the monitor. 200 volts of electricity is shot through Nick, the drug Epinephrine called into the scene. No pulse.

Time of death: 1:03 a.m.

Steve and Maria leave, but Diana continues to stay with Natasha, hugging her close to her body with her right arm, Natasha leaning into the warmth of the taller woman's figure. Steve looks down at the flash drive in his hand, wondering what to do with it. He watches Natasha stand over Nick, arms crossed over her chest, trying hard not to break down. "I need to take him," Maria stands beside him. Steve walks up to his friend, "Natasha." She places her hand on Fury's forehead in a silent goodbye, the sniffles of Maria are the only thing they could hear, both of them walking out of the room, Natasha walking fast. "Natasha!" The agent turns around quickly, glaring at the blonde before her. "Why was Fury in your apartment?"