Chapter 1: Memories

(A/n) This is going to be my first fanfict and character x reader so i hope you enjoy. ( p.s. if there are any mistakes please inform me. Thx)
~Things to remember in this chapter~
-[(y/n) your name]
-[(l/n)last name]
-[(h/c)hair color]
-[(e/c)eye color]
-[(s/c)skin color]
-[(h/l)hair length]
-[(m/n)mom's name]
-[(d/n)dad's name)
_______________________________
BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...! I toss and turn in my bed as i hear an alarm go off. I reach out from under my covers as I try to find the snooze button, yet I find a hand and the alarm stops. I turn around onto my back as I come out from under my covers to see my roommate and best friend. She smirks, holding her holographic phone to my face. My (e/c) eyes quickly focus on the time and they widen...the clock shows it is 7:50 am. Shocked I lunge out of bed tripping on my blanket and falling. " Pidge, why didn't you wake me up sooner!" I yell at Pidge as I struggle to put on my Garrison uniform. She grins at me.

~Flashback~

" (Y/n) sweetheart, don't forget your lunch." I turn back around the corner before I left the house. I see mom and dad smiling at me as mom holds my lunch bag out to me. As I grab my lunch, I give them a hug and kiss goodbye. While hurrying to the bus stop, I hear Katie Holt call my name.

"So", I turn to her as we take our seats on the bus, "your parents are going to space today after school ?" I nod, "Yeah, and they promised to take loads of pictures while in space." I bounce in my seat excitedly. "That means I'll be sleeping over more often." I wink at her and we giggle.

~After school~

"Say cheese", Mr. Holt then snaps a photo of me and my family. He hands back my white camera as we admire the picture. I turn around and face my parents before hugging them. "You promise to come back safely?" I ask them as tears fill my eyes. "We promise." they said as they hold their pinkies out to me and I happily linked mine with their 's. My mom then handed me a small box. I open it to find her favorite necklace.

I look back at her an she nods

I look back at her an she nods. "This has been a family heirloom, it's about time I give it to you." she said and smiled. I then promised to myself that I will never take the necklace off no matter what.

I waved goodbye as they're launched into space.

~5 weeks later~

TV: "The space exploration mission to Space Station 534 has failed. The pilot couple (m/n) and (d/n) (l/n) 's ship fell to Earth but the couple was nowhere to be found, today is indeed a heartbreaking day."

I watched the news and my heart broke. Tears begin to form in my (e/c) eyes. " NO... NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE." I feel a lump in my throat and I turn around to the others on the couch and they looked at me with sad eyes. "Mr. Holt? Mrs. Holt? Katie? Matt?" I begin asking them, barley able to speak. Katie came down to the floor with me and then brought me into a hug, stroking my (h/l) (h/c) hair. I snap and tears begin to roll down my face. Everyone began to comfort me as I cried through the night.

The Holts decided to raise me so I don't become an orphan.

A year later, me and Katie heard news reports that the Kerberos Mission, that Mr. Holt and Matt where on, had failed due to "pilot error". I comforted Katie throughout the night.

6 months later, we enroll and get accepted into the Galaxy Garrison. " (Y/n)?" I turn to Katie, who had cut her hair really short, as we pack our backpacks. "From now on, call me Pidge Gunderson," I nod and she continues, "and please refer to me as a guy, the Garrison must never know that I am Katie Holt." I looked at her all confused but I agree to her terms as we finish packing our bags.

~End Flashback~

Thanks guys for taking time out of your day to read my first chapter. I would love to hear opinions on how I did and any other ideas for future chapters. 💜 U Guys!