Chapter 4

Chapter 4

     Ava escorted my parents and Dylan into the kitchen and left me standing there with Xavier. “Alex?” Xavier said as his mouth fell open at my new appearance. A boy a little bit younger than us came down the stairs and froze as he saw me. His eyes snaked over my whole body and I swear I could see the drool coming out of his mouth, before he regained his composure and smirked at me before walking into the living room and turning on the T.V.

     “Don’t mind him.” Xavier said grabbing my hand and walking me to the kitchen like I had no Idea where I was going. I mean our houses are only identical.

     He let my hand fall when we walked into the kitchen. He probably didn’t want anyone to see. Dinner ended up being a Barbeque on the back lawn. Xavier’s dad Christophe, made steak, hot dogs, burgers, potato salad. Xavier insisted on getting me my food, but I wouldn’t let him. It makes me feel useless having someone else get me stuff when I am perfectly capable. But I guess that’s part of his charm, or I guess all of the Ash-woods charm. They’re all really, really polite. Like the way you’d think guys were in the old days. Opening doors for women, helping you up, getting your food for you, and well, actually being nice. The only one that doesn’t fit this description is Austin. Austin is the brother starting school tomorrow.

     He’s also the guy that was staring at me earlier. Actually I know all of his family’s names now. His mom’s name is Ava, and his dad’s is Christophe his oldest brother Leron is 22, Ethan is 19, Austin is 15, and his little sister Leona is 4, her and Dylan seem to be getting along great. They’ve decided they’re best friends now after only like 40 minutes. I guess that means our families will be spending a lot of time together over the summer.

     “Alex have you seen Dylan?” My mom said worriedly. I looked around noticing that no, I hadn’t seen him in a while. I noticed Ava looking around before her face turned pale.

     “Christophe, where is Leona!?” She said as she ran to the house to check. “Leona, Dylan are you in there!?” She said running up the stairs shouting.

    “Alex we’re going to check at home.” My mom said with hope in her voice. I nodded and turned to Xavier.

     “I have to go.” I said apologetically. He looked at me and I could feel how worried he was. Just like everyone else, but I couldn’t see my reaction, do I look as worried as actually I am? I started walking away but was caught be his voice.

     “Alex…” He said hurriedly, causing me to turn.

     “Yeah?” I said half curious and half just wanting to find my brother.

     “Be careful.” He said walking me to the front door, and locking it as he got in the black SUV with Leron and Ethan. I got home to find my parents getting ready to go looking for them.

     “They weren’t here?” I said as my mom started crying.

     “I don’t know were they would have gone. They’re only four years old.” She said in a shaky voice. I wish I could comfort her in some way, but I can’t. Until we find them, there is nothing anyone can say to make this better.