Chapter 5

I must have been out of it for a while because I drifted in and out of sleep more times than I could count. I heard faint voices sometimes, other times I saw figures walking around the room, but this time I heard the voices clearer, and saw who was with me. Everyone in Xavier’s family except Leona and Ave were talking near the door.

     “What will we do with her now?” I heard Ethan say uncomfortably. Obviously what ever he was thinking about wasn’t good.

     “We won’t do anything to her!” Xavier said in a strong, protecting voice. Christophe looked at Xavier sadly before talking.

     “Xavier, after finding out what she is we don’t have a choice. I know you like her, but she’s one of them.” I knew what he meant. But how did they find out? The last thing I remember is being in the forest…the wolf, it was him. Xavier’s a werewolf, they all must be.

     “You can’t hurt her.” Xavier said growling slightly. All eyes were on Xavier now and I could tell that something was wrong. They all knew something that they wouldn’t say out load. Leron looked at Xavier disgusted.

     “She’s your mate!?” He said the words like each word burned a part of his soul away. Xavier looked at him sadly and then to his father.

     “That’s not possible.” Christophe said in disbelief. Ava entered the room and I could tell she heard what they said. She looked at Xavier and then at me. She froze, and everyone else’s eyes followed hers. They looked at me and it seemed like all the air left the room.

     “Alex…” Xavier said as he tried to take a step further. Leron stopped him and Xavier gave me a sad look. I remember everything that happened last night except for after I blacked out. Or maybe it isn’t morning yet. I thought as I looked out the window. It’s dark outside and rain is pounding against the window. I must not have been out for as long as I thought. I looked at Xavier and then at the rest of them remembering that Dylan was with me before I blacked out. I glared at them and it obviously made them uneasy. I sat up on the couch and made sure not to fall as I stood. Pain shot through my body, but I didn’t care. I needed answers.

     “Where’s Dylan?” I said in a strong and slightly rude tone. Ava seemed more uneasy than the rest, so I turned my attention to her.

     “Where is my brother?” I said walking closer to her.  Ava was about to speak when Christophe interrupted her and stood in front of them all. He must be the Alpha, after all it’s there job to protect the rest of the family. I looked in his eyes looking for what emotions he was feeling, but I couldn’t get a clear reading. Usually if I look in someone’s eyes I can see them. What they feel, what they think, and what they want. I learned that I also have the ability to change others prospective, and make them do what I want. I’ve only been able to do it a couple of times before, when it was really important, and this is defiantly important.

     “Where is he?” I said looking deeper. I was looking for whatever I needed to make the connection with his mind. It took me a few more seconds before I found it. I tilted my head a little to test it, and I knew it worked when he copied my movement. I could feel the power rushing through me and could see my reflection in his blue eyes. The color of my eyes had changed they, weren’t blue any more, now they were shiny and purple.