Chapter 1

I stood in the middle of the dark and seemingly empty room, there was no noise. Almost too quite. I threw my knife into the air watched it spin and then caught it again. Then repeated that action about 20 more times. Up spin down, up spin down, up spin, down, turn stab. My knife plunged into the spirit of a teenage boy he held in his hand his own knife and he smiled at me manically before dissapearing into thin air. He would be back. Except now I had a new advantage, I knew what he looked like. I could now find the bones then salt and torch them. I walked out of the rickety building. It used to belong to a decent family but was closed down when the son passed, his death was a cold case. Which usually meant it was a good place to start when looking for a hunt. I jumped into my car. Old, classic and a deep shade of purple. One of my prized possesions along with my knife. The first knife I ever got and it hasn't failed me yet. I threw my knife onto the passenger seat and took off back towards my motel through the night. There was internet cafe attatched to the lobby that I could use to look up my paranormal visitor. 

        I pulled up into the car park of the motel and pushed my knife into the edge of my jeans. I never go anywhere without it. Dressed head to toe in black was the only way I could remain unseen at night, seems as my hair was bright enough to give me up a mile away in daylight . I am aware that some people like the colour but it's not very helpful when trying to hide. For now, it wasn't causing me a problem however so I pulled it from its bun and let it fall around my shoulders. If I needed information from a local I always go to the men, they are much more willing to talk if a pretty girl asks them. The breeze whipped my hair behind my head as I quickly jogged through the cold to the motel. I swung through the doors and took the first left into the cafe.  There was two computers and only one free. The other was taken up by a man who looked only a few years older than myself. As I went to sit down he glanced at me and I flashed him a polite smile before sitting in the wooden chair to his right.