Chapter 7:

«K i a n ' s   P o v»

"Dude, what happened?" Sam asked me. Everyone's eyes were on the staircase, where Alexis had just stormed into her room angrily.

I honestly didn't know what was wrong with her. One minute we were getting along, and the next she was mad because I wouldn't tell her something personal. I mean, sure, it had something to do with her, but I couldn't just admit to her that I liked her. There were way too many reasons we shouldn't be together. One, she has always hated me. Two, she's related to my best friend, and he knows I like her, but I don't think he'd ever expect me to do anything about it. And three, she just went through something pretty traumatic. I can't confuse her and I don't want to take any actions if her heads not in the right place.

"Hello...?" Jc pulled me out of my thoughts and my head snapped up.

"What? Oh, uh..." I didn't know what to say, I never lied to my friends. Everyone was focused on me now. After a few moments of silence, I finally sighed and gave up. "Okay guys, you have to promise not to tell Alexis any of this. Especially you Kennedy."

"Hey," She put her hands up in defense. "She's not even speaking to me right now, so not a word." She promised.

"Okay..." I sat down and prepared for their reactions. "So, I like her."

They all stared at me in shock before cracking up out of no where.

"What?" I asked.

"Dude, we know that part." Jc told me, still laughing.

"Yeah, I mean it's obvious." Kennedy backed up.

I was in shock for a moment. I knew that Jc knew that I thought she was hot, but I didn't know he knew more than that. And Kennedy even knew!? I wasn't very surprised that Sam knew because he was really observant, but it was still kind of unexpected. "Oh my god." I ran my hands down my face. "Really?" I asked, but not to my surprise they all nodded. "That means she's gotta know."

Sam came and sat next to me. "I don't think so dude." He began, causing me to look up. "She was really blinded by that ex boyfriend. She probably doesn't have a clue."

I sighed in relief. "Okay, you're probably right, because that has something to do with the rest of the story." Everyone nodded for me to continue. "When we were on our way home, she asked me why my attitude has changed so much. You know, like why I've stopped being a douche." They nodded again. "And I told her I couldn't tell her why, and she got mad at me for not opening up to her."

"That's it?" Jc asked.

"There's more." I searched my mind for words. "She asked why I couldn't tell her something personal, and I shot something offensive back. But I didn't mean for it to be offensive! I swear!"

"What did you say?" Kennedy asked.

"Uh... I said... I kind of told her she didn't have room to talk, because she hid the whole Collin thing from us."

Everyone looked at me in disbelief, Sam even smacked the back of my head. "Ow! What the heck."

"That's for being a dick." He argued.

"I told you guys I didn't mean for it to come out that way. As stuck up as it sounds, I've never actually had to get a girl to like me before. You know, youtube's been a real help in getting the women I want. But it's different with Alexis. She's different. She's a mystery and I can't figure her out. But I want to." Jc cleared his throat. "Sorry Jc."

"Hey, I mean as long as you don't hurt her, we're good. You're my best friend. Nothing is gonna change that." He assured.

"So, do you guys think I should tell her?" So much was going through my mind. What if she didn't feel the same? What if she hates me now? What if I hurt her?

"I think you should," Kennedy spoke up.

"But, I can't mess up her head. Collin and her just broke up, and everything she went through–"

"Kian," She began again. "Just because you tell her you like her, doesn't mean you have to date right now. You're just putting the idea in her head that someone wants her, which I think is good for her."

"Really?"

"Yeah man," Sam cut in. "And besides, if she does want to be with you despite all of her problems, that's her decision, not yours."

I took what he said into consideration, but I still wasn't going to let her make the decision. If she liked me back, I would still wait until she's stable again.

"Okay," I sighed. "Then I guess I'll tell her tomorrow."

———————————————————
Whoooo, new chapter! Sorry this is a tad shorter (you might be thanking me actually, lol) But the next chapter needed to be its own ;) exciting things to come! Comment and vote!!
xox, sav