Chapter 3:

Trigger Warning: Domestic Violence/Abuse

•A l e x i s ' s   P o v•

"And you're sure you don't know who sent it to you?!" I asked.

"Positive." Kennedy assured me.

I sat there as my eyes welled with tears. I just stared at the photo of my boyfriend being kissed on the cheek by some girl from West Meige. "Maybe I should go to his house," I suggested. "I hate arguing with him over the phone. And I'm sure it's just some mistake."

"Lex, I don't think that's a good idea..." She warned. "What if he gets mad?"

"Well I need to confront him."

"Then I'll drive you, I just don't like the idea of you  going over there alone." She argued. I could tell she wasn't going to let me go by myself so I sighed in defeat.

"Fine, but you have to stay in the car."

"Deal." We finished our ice cream and headed out, and I sent my brother a quick text saying I was going to Kennedy's to work on a project. We walked over to her house and got into her red convertible bug.

"I can't fucking believe this, Alexis! You're accusing me of cheating!" Collin was yelling at this point.

"I-I'm not accusing you of anything..." I spoke softly. "It's just that the photo–"

"It's my fucking cousin Alexis! If I were cheating on you don't you think she would've kissed me on the lips?!" He grabbed my phone and threw it at the wall, about five feet away from us. I jumped at the noise, but he had already cracked my phone before so I wasn't worried about the damage.

I was worried, however, about the bruises that would be on my arm from him pushing me up against the wall. My back hit the wall so hard that I couldn't see for a moment, but when my vision cleared Collin was inches away from my face. "And anyways, you're the last person to accuse me of cheating on you!" He let me go and turned around. "What do you actually do at that house with Jc and Kian all day, anyways."

"Are you kidding me!" I raised my voice. "Jc is my brother! And I hate Kian! You have no proof of me cheating! I, however, have photo evidence of you–"

I was cut off my a burning sensation on my eye. It didn't take much to realize he had just punched me.

"I-I'm sorry baby." Collin came closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. I flinched but didn't resist. "It's just- it hurts that you would accuse me of something like that knowing I love you. And I'm sorry I hit you, you know it's my dad."

His dad was the excuse every time. His dad was a drunk low life, and had been beating Collin since his mom died. I know that's no excuse for Collin to hit me, but I always forgave him because I felt bad.

I finally caved. "I love you, I'm sorry for accusing you of cheating. I guess pictures can be deceiving."

"That's true baby." He kissed my forehead. "I know how you can make it up to me," He smirked. I sighed, I really didn't want to do anything sexual, but I knew he would just throw a fit if I didn't, which isn't something I wanted to deal with at the moment.

I smiled at him and kissed his lips slowly. I moved my hands down and unbuttoned his pants as I started kissing down his neck. I slowly started moving further down his body.

I got back in the car not even a second before Kennedy started asking questions.

"What happened? I heard screaming. Did he hurt you?" She gasped and pulled my chin so the right side of my face was facing her. "Alexis! You have a bruise forming!"

"Is it bad!" I asked.

"I mean, you could cover it up with makeup, but a bruise is still a bruise Lex. What happened?"

"It doesn't matter," I shook my head. "We made up."

"Alexis..."

"Kennedy, please. It's over now. Just take me home." I argued. She raised her hands in defeat and started the car.

We pulled up to me house and I got out, not speaking to Ken as I shut the door. I felt bad, but she understood my mood swings, so I knew it wouldn't be a problem.

I walked into the house hoping that no one would be in the living room or kitchen. My hopes were destroyed as I saw Kian walking out of the kitchen with a bag of chips. We made eye contact but I quickly put my head down and started walking to the staircase.

"What happened to your–"

"I fell." I interrupted as I kept walking up the stairs. As soon as I got to my room I started crying my eyes out, which only made my eye hurt worse.  I cried for about fifteen minutes before deciding I should take a shower. So I walked into my closet and grabbed a red adidas originals shirt and some black sweats from Pink and headed into the bathroom. I turned on the shower, along with my playlist.

I turned the shower off as "Him and I" by G-Eazy ended playing. I put on my clothes and walked into my room, only to see the definition of annoyance sitting on my bed, looking at the picture frame on my nightstand.

I walked over to the picture of me and Collin and slammed it face down. "What are you doing in here Kian?"

He looked at me apologetically. "I'm sorry, but it looked like you were crying, and I don't think you fell." He stated.

I sat on the bed beside him and my heart beat fastened. "Listen, I appreciate you being concerned, but with all due respect you're the last person I would tell anything to." I tried to be as nice as possible. His face fell as I spoke and although I hated him, I felt bad for some reason. "It's just not something I'm willing to share with anyone, okay? Kennedy doesn't even know," I lied.

"Okay, I get it. And I know I've been a real douche since we met, but I want you to know I'm here for you."

"Thank you, I've gotta go to sleep." He nodded and stood up to leave. 

"Goodnight Alexis." He smiled and I shot a quick smile back before getting under my covers and turning off the light. I really did wonder what's gotten into him.

——————————
Pictured is Kennedy Pottorff (Ashly Schwan) Vote and comment!!
xox, sav