Chapter 6

I hobble behind Kanda while we walk towards the innocence. We both stay silent, having a weird atmosphere around us.
It felt like hours before we made it to the lake. My bandages are all soaked in blood, but that doesn't matter right now. I just want to get this innocence and get home and away from Kanda.
I slowly approach the water dome and lay my hand on it. I concentrated on the innocence inside pleading it to let me in.
Seconds later I took my hand off the dome and in front of me the water separated just enough so I could walk through. Kanda tried to walk in behind me, but I put my hand up to stop him.
"Only me" I tell him. Annoyance was clearly shown as he made his 'Che' noise. He took and step back and crossed his arms signaling to me that he's gonna stay back. I gave him a small nod, and continued forward.
I step through the water dome. I can hear the water close behind me.
It's the same as yesterday. A beautiful woman with grey eyes standing in the middle of the lake.
"You're back young one" she cooes.
"You didn't give me a choice. We need your innocence" I tell her. She hums and starts to walk towards me.
"Before I brought you in here for a purpose. Do you remember?" I nod.
"Good. I shall give you the innocence that gives me life, but you need to remember me." I nod again.
The woman walks closer to me and grabs my face. She lays her forehead on my head. I close my eyes. I can feel something pulling at my heart, but I keep my eyes closed.
Minutes later I open my eyes to see a green cube of innocence laying in my hands. I turn around to face Kanda as the water dome falls around me.
I smile down at the cube of innocence in my hands. Thank you. I look back up to see Kanda with his arms crossed, but he had a weird expression. It wasn't as... hard and unfeeling. I wonder why he looks like that.
Without another thought I take a few steps out of the water and brush past Kanda.
"Let's go home" he grumbles and follows me.
When we get back to the hotel Kanda calls Komui and reports. I stay on the bed and wrap new bandages around my wounds. I'm surprised I'm even alive with these injuries. I guess I should thank Kanda.
When I finish wrapping my bandages I go downstairs and eat my fill. Kanda was in the corner still talking to Komui.
"What!" He yells. Curious I walk over to him.
"With Allen's injuries it would be best to keep him there while he heals. Also central is on our butts again so I'd rather keep him on a mission for as long as possible." Komui spoke seriously. I grab the golem from Kanda before he had another out burst.
"Okay. There's a hot spring here. The hotel owners say it'll help me heal. Contact one of us when you think it's okay to return. I need some time away from Link" Komui agrees and we both hang up with goodbyes.
I look up at Kanda to see him glaring at me.
"May I assist you Kanda" I ask. He growls at me and stomps away. I watch his retreating back as he walks back to our room.
I was mad at him earlier but now that I've calmed down I've realized something.
Having Kanda save me and me almost dying helped me sort our something thats been bothering me for awhile.
I love Kanda.
__________________________
I wasn't sure how to end it so I decided to go another way with the whole thing. I'm hoping I can keep this going and maybe even make it a series.
Thank you to all readers. I hope you continue to stay with me.