Chapter 4 - deal

After I let the twins sleep in the couch for a while, I slowly tiptoed towards mum and dad's bedroom to see how they are.

I opened the door and I was shocked to see that the bedroom is a big mess but both of them were sleeping soundly in their bed.

Did they actually had a fight?

I went back downstairs and struggled to put the two in their beds. As soon as I finished doing my job, I went back to my bedroom to sleep.

****

"Honey wake up." I opened my eyes and my dad's in front of me. I groaned as I get up. "I have an interview today. So you better help your mother in taking care of your bothers." He told me then he went out. Why is he so sour?

I went downstairs and seen that my brothers are already awake.

"Hey mom." I said as I give my mom a kiss. "Hi sweetie." She replied with a smile but I don't think the smile was real. It's like she's hiding something.

I look around to see if dad's somewhere but then I realized that he already went.

"Uhhh....mom? What happened with you and dad last night?" I asked her and she sighed. "We had a fight okay? Your dad's way too focused on his job." She rolled her eyes.

"How many weeks is the baby in your bump?" I asked her while pointing at her tummy. She looked at it and smiled. "Almost 2 weeks."

I smiled and it slowly faded.

"You better get ready. You might get late." She told me and I nodded as I simply followed her orders.

"I'll bring you to school." My mom told me. "No...I can try the school bus anyways."

"No. No. Your dad might get mad again." She smirked and I nodded. Ever since I started school here in America, I never got to try to ride a school bus. Thanks to my parents' over protectiveness.

"So...you'll be bringing the twins?" I ask her and she raised an eyebrow. "Of course."

She walked towards them and smiled before saying anything. "Come on guys. We're going to Valerie's school!" My mom smiled at them and they giggled. "Yay!!" They said in unison.

"Take a bath now Valerie." My mom told me.

I walked towards the bathroom to take a bath.

Taking a bath would not be complete if you won't have a concert. I bet you feel the same way.

After taking a bath I got out and seen that the two are already ready. I smiled at my sight and they smiled back. "So...you guys ready." I smiled at them.

"Come on Valerie. We'll go now." My mom smiled. I carried Troy while mom carried Nico.

While on our way, the twins played and played. They seem to be very excited. But seeing them playing with each other, only lights up my whole day.

Then I remembered Alex.

"Mom? Can I tell you a secret?" I asked my mom.

"Uhh...sure."

"Promise you won't tell dad?"

"I promise hun."

I took a deep breath. "I know it sounds a little awkward but....I accidentally asked Alex out." I told her and jaw dropped.

"What?!" Great.

"Mom, I'm so sorry!" I told my mom and she face palmed.

I thought she won't get mad. Well she did.

She took a deep breath, "Fine. I won't tell your father." Yes!!

"But in one condition." Okay.

"Promise the two of you won't do anything serious like having....." she paused, "you know."

I know what she means.

"Okay mom. Besides, I'm too young to do those stuffs. I'm unlike all the other teenagers." I explained and my mom smiled.

"Besides, I was also still seventeen when I met your father. So I know how it feels to go against your father's wishes." She smirks and I laughed.

I'm so proud to have a very cool mom.