Chapter 23 - a year later

Alex and I had a great night. But that sad fact is that he had to leave. It's been a week now since he left for London and for the past few days, I feel numb.

Nicole decided to come over for some girl-talk. "Are you okay?" She asked. I'm obviously not okay.

"Kind of. I still can't move on by the fact that Alex already went." I replied and she sighed. She leaned back, "You'll soon realize that in the future, he'll come back for you." She winks at me before standing up.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"To get some water." She answered and I raised one of my eyebrows at her. Then I followed her, and she turns around to look at me upon noticing that I was following her. "What?"

"We don't have water. We have juice." I told her and she rolled her eyes. "Pfft. In my house, we have a lot of water and-" She paused after she opens our fridge. "Where's your water?" She asked.

I laughed, "We have a lot of stocks in the basement," I told her. "But for the meantime, use the juice."

She sighs as she grabs the pitcher containing the juice and gives it to me. Her eyes widened while looking at our fridge. "Wow. You have a lot of food."

I laughed again at her statement, "My mom goes to grocery almost everyday."

"By the way, what's the sex of your soon-to-be sibling?" She said while crossing her arms and leaning towards the fridge.

"My dad said it's a boy." I replied.

It took her a few seconds before reacting which was to laugh. To the point that she began spitting out saliva.

Then her face dropped, "Why is it, it's not a girl?"

I gave a small laugh, "I really don't know. I guess you know. That's God's plan."

"You're religious." She winks and I rolled my eyes. "I do believe in God but I'm not religious. Period."

Then she laughed so hard and I just looked at her with blank face.

"Hey ladies." Both of us turn around to see my dad carrying groceries.

"Hi Mr. Efron." Nicole comes forward as she shakes his hand and dad smiled. "Call me Zac." He said.

"Okay....good morning Mr. Zac."

Dad laughed, "Just.....Zac."

Then the three of us laughed.

Dad looked at me in the eyes, "Are you okay now sweetie?"

"Yeah. I know that uhh....there are things that you have to let go in life." I tried my best to hold back my tears. Which was successful. Kind of.

"I'm pretty sure Alex still loves you." Then he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Thanks dad."

"Now...come on girls. Your mom and I brought you something." He winks at Nicole then me. Nicole and I looked at each other before following him.

"Hey girls!" I saw my mom carrying some grocery bags. My dad kissed her while Nicole and I just stood there, enjoying the view.

"So?" I interrupted the scene and mom laughed.

"Basically, I'm making this new movie and there's two vacant seats for the cast. So I thought, I'd invite the two of you." My dad said with a smile and Nicole's jaw dropped.

"You're kidding." Nicole said.

"Nope." Dad smiled.

Nicole turned to look at me and started fangirling. "Ohmygosh!! I literally can't wait to tell my mom about this." Mom and dad laughed at her statement.

"You're not the only one who's surprised here." Then she hugged me as tight as she could.

"Your family is such a blessing to me."

"And so do you...."

~A year later~

"Happy birthday to you!!" Then everyone clapped as my little brother, Theo, blows the candle together with mom and dad. The twins cheered and so did I.

"Vawewie!" Theo called me and I smiled. I carried him and gave him a kiss on his forehead. He looks exactly like mom.

Darkish hair and brown eyes. He was giggling and so did I. I played with him for a few minutes before finally letting him go.

After the birthday party, I decided to give myself a break and went to the rooftop.

It was such a beautiful view. Suddenly, I remembered Alex. I could never forget the day before he went to London when he brought me to a rooftop and that was where we had our date.

I smiled as tears slowly drop.

Suddenly, I heard the door creaked open.

I turn around to see who it was.

My eyes widened as soon as the figure's shadow slowly appears.

A/N: Hey y'all!! Hope you guys enjoyed this one. Only a few more chapters left guys :( sorry. Anyways, I might be able to update this one or the lucky charm tomorrow or on Monday since on that (Monday) day, we don't have classes. ;) ENJOY!!