seven

the one with the 'i like you'

because i need you to want me the same

"You look familiar...," Michelle pondered while tapping Harry's bicep.

Charlotte could feel herself inching closer and all she wanted to do was rip her hand off of his arm and replace it with hers. She'd never felt more violent. But her increasing jealousy was certainly getting to her.

Michelle's blue eyes suddenly brightened as if an idea just popped into her head, "You're Charlotte Mercier! You married that rich business guy who is hot! Very hot!"

Oh, now she wanted to steal her current husband as well. Charlotte could feel her anger boiling inside her waiting for it to explode.

But it never did, because she was a classy, upper echelon woman and she would not degrade to levels as low as others' and begin an unnecessary argument.

She would just have to wait till Michelle left or until her and Audrey were left alone so that she could get everything she thought about her off her chest.

"We should chat together! Get to know each other! Come on Charlotte and...," she left the sentence unfinished because she did not get her friend's name.

"Audrey," she answered with a scowl. Audrey did not like her already and in no universe did she want to go sit down and 'get to know' this girl.

Charlotte was in some kind of shock. She was stood there staring at the contact between Michelle's fingertips and Harry's bicep. She clung onto him even though she just offered them to go to another place.

Harry was looking at Charlotte. When was he not? He looked at her with sad eyes, concerned about how she was feeling about this new issue. He wanted her to look up and look at him in the eyes. He wanted to see her hypnotising blue-green eyes once again, but they were glancing down. He tried to see what she was staring at and moved his eyes downwards too. And he saw it. She was staring at Michelle's fingers on his arm. In that instant, now realising her touch, he moved away from her discretely, wishing she could just stay away from him already.

When Charlotte noticed his small movement, her eyes instantly brightened and she smiled. She looked up to Harry and he mirrored her smile, and it was like they were in their only little bubble while Audrey and Michelle talked.

She noticed how he looked at her. And Michelle wanted Harry to look at her the way he was looking at Charlotte. Wasn't she married, anyways? Why is she staring at him back with the same stupid lovey dovey eyes? Something fishy was going on here and Michelle was determined to get all the dirt out from them.

Michelle grabbed Audrey and Charlotte's arms and lead them to the bar in front of Le Cinq. "We'll be back as besties!" she squealed, turning around to look at Harry.

Harry huffed, annoyed by the fact that Charlotte had left and he couldn't get a moment alone with her. If he stayed at the podium at the entrance of the restaurant he had clear view of the three girls but could certainly not hear them with all the ruckus at the lobby.

Charlotte and Audrey sat on the square table next to each other while Michelle took the seat right in front of Charlotte.

"So," she breathed out and looked at Charlotte in the eyes with a slight hint of annoyance, "how do you know my darling Harry?"

Charlotte wanted to smack her in the face for saying that. Harry was not her darling. God, what was happening to her? She's not allowed to be jealous of his ex. Is she?

"Met him at the restaurant on our first night here," she said with a rather fake smile.

"Our?"

"Yes," Charlotte sighed, "I'm here with my husband. He's on a business trip."