Ugh? Seriously

Claire didn't know whether to laugh out loud or scream in frustration. This so called "Medusa" woman must really be out of her mind. Or she shuddered she might even psychopath who actually believes the things she is saying. She agreed to a deal but now wasn't sure that she should have.
"Ok." She started talking trying to buy herself time to come up with oh god any solution. " You see I would have believed you but since I can't see I am in bit of pickle here."
Medusa shook her head for she knew that Claire would never believe her anyway. She said " I know you don't believe me. But like you said I can't really even prove myself to you since you can't see."
Suddenly Claire started giggling. Medusa looked her in surprise and asked , "What's so funny miss mason?"
Claire replied, "well" all the while thinking that she must be losing her mind , "I was just thinking maybe my being blind is a good thing right now since your 'gaze' would have turned me to stone by now if I wasn't so."
Medusa rolled her eyes then proceeded loudly " I am rolling my eyes at you since you can't see."
Claire let out a genuine laugh and replied. "I was born blind because it was my destiny to meet you oh great Medusa." Then folded her hands pretended to pray to Medusa.
Medusa burst out laughing too and said, " Girl what is wrong with you."
"Nothing oh great Medusa" Claire replied "it's just the thrill of fulfilling my destiny on earth is giving me such peace. I don't have to worry about my purpose anymore."
Medusa laughed and told her, " I am rolling my eyes at you again"(even though she wasn't.)
"But seriously" Claire said in all seriousness " tell me who are you and are you really going to keep me here for a week, is this some kind of tv show I don't get ?"
Medusa abruptly stopped laughing.
The stony silence filled the room for a few minutes.
"Miss mason I have told you the truth."
Medusa finally broke  the silence.
"Well" Claire replied in frustration " don't blame me for not believing you. This is absurd and you know that."
Medusa let out the longest sigh yet and said, "Ok. I will let you touch my hair then maybe you would believe me. But the thing is I have never let anyone do that before and well..."
"Well?" Asked Claire.
".. well nothing." Medusa replied. " wait here for some time "
"Oh no no no." Claire exclaimed, suddenly gripping Medusa's hand "you have to stay right here otherwise you might just go inside and bring something to fool me."
Medusa glared at her and then just sat kdown beside her.
"Ok. But he quiet for some time. You can hold my hand to ensure I don't go anywhere." Saying so Medusa went quiet.
"Why?"Claire said
"Shhhh.."Medusa replied.
"But..."
"Shhhhhhhhh..."
"I.."
"for the love of god shut up Claire."
"Ok jeez"
Claire finally shut up and closed her eyes hoping that she would be alive by the end of this week.