The Suspose Colony

Suzanne held Heather's smaller hand tightly as they gazed at the entrance of the so called colony of San Francisco, her grip on the baby Rory who she holding next to her waist with her other arm began to sag so she hoisted him up a little higher.

Suzanne who was 13 almost 14 had poofy dirty blonde hair that was tied up, with dark blue eyes, and lightly pale skin. Heather was was 6 had bright long blonde hair light blue eyes, and with lightly darker skin then Suzanne's, Rory had dark curly hair, with silver eyes, and tanned skin.

She felt Heather tug on her arm to get her attention so she tilted her head down to look at her to see the little girl look at her with fearful eyes.

"Suzanne what if they are here too?..." she said quietly.

Suzanne sighed deeply.

"We won't know till we look" She said to Heather while also signing.

Suzanne was born partially deaf, she could hear but only loud sounds but they would always sound quiet to her, she could speak but it wasn't really clear and could sign as well but she would sign even when she spoke to people cause force of habit. Suzanne led Heather to the entrance of the colony and then slowly walked inside of it.

The childern looked around the desolated buildings that were once awe to look at but now weathered, flaking, and covered in moss and vines, it was like nature had taken over after man almost went extinct.

Rory started to babble as his head looked around curiously at the new place. The building's groaned loudly, vines wrapped around the skyscrapers, mother nature is doing as she desires, as they say nature always wins.

The younger ones traveling with her weren't born during the time before the apes started their revolution and when Alpha Omega didn't cause terror but Suzanne remembered, even though it was not that well do to her being so young what these buildings use to look like and how everyone use to live.

Suzanne looked around as they walked passed the buildings, she was being causious cause be they knew people where suspose to live here but so far she didn't see a single one. She felt Heather tug on her arm causing her to look at, she probably was wondering the same thing.

"Where is everyone?" she asked curiously.

The children didn't notice that a hooded figure was watching close.

Heather didn't know that much sign language so she had to get Suzanne attention everytime she wanted to talk to her because she could read lips, it was how she could understand someone if they didn't know how to sign.

Suzanne continued to look around at this comment "I don't know" she said and signed at the same time "but I think something bad happen."

The hooded figure got close holding onto the vines tightly.

Little did the girls know baby Rory caught sight of the hooded stranger spying on them and started to smile then giggle. Suzanne could feel the vibrations of his giggles and turned to look at him a little puzzled.

The hooded figure let out a howl sliding down the vines landing on his feet walking close to the children.

"Suzanne!" Heather yelped alerting the older girl but she already knew from the vibration of the ground and the quiet boom, she stared at the figure in horror as she pushed the younger girl to hide behind her, Heather looked at the figure in fear.

He grabbed the Hem of the hood pulling it down to reveal his face covered in tribal marks and a damaged eye.

"My... name.. is Connor" he spoke gently.

Suzanne looked at the ape in horror, she couldn't really hear but she definitely read his lips to tell that he actually spoke. Connor raised his hand up submissively trying to show the children he was not an enemy.