What To Do About the Childern

They had been riding for a while now Suzanne could feel the cold wind blow on her face and the vibrations of the horse galloping, Suzanne took a good look around the forest as they moved, fog was everywhere, the trees where tall and dark green and the air was very clean, it reminded her of when her and her mother were traveling through the woods up North... before Alpha Omega found them...and now they have taken another individual that she cared about, that all 3 of them cared about.

She felt a tug on her arm causing her to look at Heather

"Suzanne...what's going to happen to us now?.." she said quietly.

Suzanne looked around at the other apes on horses, some where staring at them out of curiosity and the others where glaring at them while Suzanne just looked at them nonchalantly. She then turned her head back to stare at the younger girl with tired eyes.

"I don't know...." she replied weakly.

Rory who was sitting between Heather and the female ape had fallen asleep during the ride. Suzanne wasn't really surprised that he did though, it had been long rough day for all of them.

Lake looked carefully over her shoulder to see the children tired.

"Don't worry we're almost there to the village" she spoke.

Suzanne nodded weakly and avoided eye contact while Heather turned her head away shyly.

"Are you.... alright?" She spoke gently focusing on the forest path.

"It hurts..." Suzanne signed shakely and gestured to her side where she was injured. This made Heather look at her in worry.

Suzanne then brought her gaze to up ahead to look at  the leader who she believed was the King that Connor was talking about Caesar. He took a few glances at the children riding with Lake, the female ape looked at him nodding her head indicating what she knew he was going to say.

Lake took a glance back at Suzanne the question was gnawing at her mind for awhile she could only hope if the childern we're alright to speak.

"How did he die?" She signed.

Suzanne froze remembering what happened making her wince her eyes "He was shot...right in front of us...and..and he fell over the bridge...I tried to grab him but...I couldn't do anything" Suzanne struggled to sign to the female as she could feel tears come down her eyes again.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked" Lake signed.

"It's fine...It's not the first time I've seen someone get shot...and It's not the first time...it was someone...I cared about..." she signed grimly to Lake.

This cause Lake to look at her in shock and then her expression turned to sorrow.

"I knew him for a few years, I'm glad he did something out his kindness" she signed.

Heather started to cry weakly at the mention of Connor, out of all three of them she was the one closest to him.

"Will she be ok?" Lake looked over at Suzanne with worry.

Suzanne looked at  Heather and sighed deeply and looked back at the female seriously "honestly...I don't know...we've seen a lot...been through a lot...lost a lot...and what happen today...i don't know if any one of us will be ok" she signed.