Chapter 31

I didn't stop running until I nearly bumped into my boyfriend.

I gripped his hands, pulling him to the side. I didn't let him stop me or remind of our fight from earlier as all my instincts screamed at me to move and get him away.

"We need to go," I said without an explanation.

He opened his mouth but I didn't give him time to question me as I pulled him further away form the crowd.

"Get one of our backpacks, grab some supplies - maybe some weapons, and meet me here in five," I said, "I'm gonna go get Tom."

He held me in place before I managed to head back for my brother.

"What's happening?" He turned me to him.

"We need to go," was all I was able to get out.

My breathing was shallow and my heartbeat rapid. I couldn't focus on my thoughts, there was just one ringing in my mind: 

Run.

"Oli," he said. 

His gaze was strain, firm and full of annoyance, I could tell he still wasn't nor close to being over our fight.

I took a deep breath.

"Alissa," I said, "I was... I was right about her. I overheard her and Hannah talking... she's... she's..."

I shook my head, trying to even out my breathing. 

Josh's stare was blank. 

My heart sank deeper as he crossed his arms.

"Y-you..." I stuttered, my voice shivering, "you don't believe me?"

"No." He shook his head. "It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I'm not sure if you're thinking straight lately."

"Josh, I literally heard them talking about you," I said, lowering my tone to a whisper, "Hannah's brainwashed and Alissa won't let you live."

He rolled his eyes. "I can take care of myself."

He wanted to walk-passed me, but I got his hand, turning him back to me.

"We need to leave." My eyes were glued to his. "Have you seen her fight? Because I have and she can take you down all by herself - she'll probably do it with a smile on her face too. She's a killing machine!"

"You're exaggerating."

"Josh, please, just come with me until I figure-"

"Right now I don't want to go with you anywhere." He rolled his eyes. "And until you figure... what?  You're constantly in the process figuring shit out yet you never figure anything. At this point, it's fucking absurd."

I stared at him. 

I bit on my lip hard, swallowing the hurt consuming my heart as I slowly shook my head. 

"Josh, you need to come with me."

"Can you stop telling me what I need to do?" He pulled away from me so sudden I stumbled forward. "It's getting on my fucking nerves," he hissed. "It's selfish and controlling! I told you to leave me alone, what part of it didn't you understand?"

My eyes were wide.

"Josh, she's gonna kill you!" I whisper yelled.

"Maybe she has every right to do it," he said.

My eyebrows furrowed, my hand gripping his once again. "Are you hearing yourself?"