Chapter 1

It has been three years. It has been a hell of three years. And it shouldn't exceed three years now.

These were some of the thoughts Delilah Smith had on her mind since last week. It had been there long years of her bearing with everything. But now it was time to just end it. She was so much in love with James Garret that she couldn't see anything clearly. Everything he did, she thought he just cared for her and didn't want her to get on the wrong path. But now it was crystal clear. It wasn't she who was on the wrong path. It was James.

Delilah had had a crush on James since high school. And she finally got the guts to tell him in senior year, to which she didn't get a reply. She was surprised when James asked her to be his date for prom. She was even more surprised when James confessed his feelings for her.

Everything went fine in the beginning but now it was too much. Since he befriended John and Matt he hasn't been himself. He's got himself in bad company. So many times she tried to tell him that what he was doing was wrong. But all he did was threaten her. After three long years Delilah finally took a bold decision and that too on her own. She didn't have any friends to counsel her because James didn't like any of them.

They had decided to move in together after school so she thought there wouldn't be any more interactions with her friends. But she was wrong. Clearly.

Today was their three year anniversary and James like last year had forgotten it. She wanted to end everything between them today itself. She knew she might seem cruel and callous in doing so. But she didn't care. Because it was her, going through everything, not the world. Honestly, she couldn't find a better day. Yes, she was cruel.

Delilah was all alone that day. James didn't come home.

She knew where he was. At a bar most probably. With a girl. Trying to take her to bed. It wasn't something unusual. She was used to the ways of James.

Drink. Fuck a girl. Drink more. Come home. Tell her everything. Without an ounce of regret. Apologize. Without any signs of guilt. Then make love to her. Or more clearly, force to make love with him.

She was sick and tired. It would have been relieving to see his face. But surprise surprise!

She was so tired waiting the whole day, preparing herself what to say, trying to guess his reactions but fuck it, he didn't come home. As she was reading her copy of Emma, she fell asleep. It wasn't till six that she woke up because of her phone ringing. As soon as she grabbed it the call ended.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!! Who is it?"

12 missed calls from James.

49 messages from 2 chats.

[deliiii_laah]: trolling_connor, take_my_number, and 27 others liked your post.

"Why is James calling me at this hour?"

She called him back.

"Hello?"

"Why weren't you answering my calls?!"

"Stop yelling! Have you even seen what time it is?!!"

"Whatever you should've answered my calls!! Or were you too busy with someone else?!"

"Just stop it James. I don't need to give you any explanations. Just tell me what is it? Why did you call?

"I- I just want you to come here. And-and just take me back. I'm so far away and there is nothing I can come back on."

She sighed. "You fucking need my help, and you were just yelling at me like that? Did you drink James?"

"Yes I did."

"Did you fuck another girl?"

"I'm sorry I did."

"Like every other night. Tell me one reason why I should come and get you?"

"Because you love me?"

"Not a good reason, enough. But I'm coming. Text me the address."

"I love you, babe"

"Oh no, save that shit for when I come. You're going to regret saying that."

She fixed herself up and went to grab the car keys. After locking the doors to her apartment, she jumped in the car, opened up the text from James.

"What the hell?! How did you even get that far?!" A good way to ruin her morning, she thought and pulled the car to the lane. It's going to be a long and bumpy ride so better gear up for that!

~~~~~~~~~~

Love,

Anshara.