u

m × w

Whizzer wanted to fight Marvin. Not the kind of fights that they used to have over petty things like shoes or meals; he wanted to compete with him in games.

He wrapped up his photography set thinking of things he and his lover could do together, now that their newly reestablished relationship was almost hitting that one week mark. Seven days didn't seem like a lot, but the things happened in between those days changed them both.

"Okay, so chess is definitely out of the picture," He murmured to himself as he zipped his camera bag closed, "What other stuff can we do together?"

A thought occurred to him. He wanted to do this one thing so badly, but the thought of winning against Marvin in anything again scared him...

He shook the thought away. Looking around his studio, he tried to find inspiration and checked if he kept everything in order. He was satisfied with all that he saw but sadly didn't gain any ideas.

Obviously, not everything was in the right place, proven when he walked to the exit bumping against a box. It was quickly destroyed as it fell off the table. The contents spilled, and Whizzer groaned. "Fucking shit."

He got down on all fours and started to pick up the balloons that were once in his now broken box. Damn, my hips must be really strong, he thought, throwing them in another container. He sighed when a few balloon rolled away. Wasting his time wasn't part of his schedule for the day. But, before crawling to grab the ones that fell far, he was struck with an idea. Eureka!

He quickly finished up errand before calling Marvin up on the telephone. He turned the dial eagerly.

The advertising agent picked up after a few rings. "Yes, Whiz?"

"How'd you know it was me?"

"You're the only one who uses telephones nowadays, Whizzer. Everyone's updated to beepers. You're falling behind on the trends."

The photographer rolled his eyes even if he knew that the man at the end of the line couldn't see him. "Anyway, I was just thinking that we should meet up at the bowling alley. You up for it?"

"Bowling? I don't bowl, Whiz."

"Neither do I. Just come."

"This is a bad idea already."

Regardless of Marvin's doubts, the two met up half an hour later, ready to play in their bowling shoes. The started off with the lightest bowling ball.

Whizzer took the first turn, rolling the ball across the lane. Marvin chuckled when he barely hit one pin after two tries.

"Loser." He commented before getting on his ready stance. In a matter of moments, he rolled the ball. It fell in the gutter halfway through, and Whizzer burst out laughing.

"You were speaking about yourself, Marv. You were definitely speaking about youself."

The two continued to take turns trying to hit at least one pin. They could feel the judgmental eyes of the fellow bowlers on them but they didn't mind, eventually helping each other out and getting at least two pins down.

"Can you get the heavier ball, Marvin?" Whizzer asked as he retied his shoes, looking up at his boyfriend who was stretching his arms.

"Why? The lighter ones are fine."

"I think there'll be more chances of getting pins down if we get the heavier ones."

"I don't think so..."