Chapter 11

Toni handed Kenny his cup filled with coffee as she slipped some of her documents into her bag while taking sips from her tea.

"Tone." Kenny lightly said, barely trying to catch her attention. "Yes." She smiled turning to face him.

"Are you seeing someone else?" He asked nonchalantly. She froze her actions just there as she caught herself from almost dropping her cup.

"No. What makes you ask me such a irrelevant question?" Toni annoyingly asked.

"No. I'm just curious, because last night- last night we made love as if you were making love to someone else." Kenny said.

"Something is definitely different about you." He said making sure each word sat with her.

She closed her eyes and held onto the kitchen top as her head began to spin.

"Toni!" Kenny panicked, placing his cup down wrapping his arms around her waist. "Are you okay?" He asked nervously.

"I'm fine." She smiled weakly. "Just a light headache." She added, "I'll be fine." She assured.

Kenny stepped back, as her phone vibrated. She read the message and grinned.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Kenny joked.

"What? No! You're my only boyfriend." Toni smiled wrapping her arms around his neck before placing soft kisses down on his lips.

"That was just Zoe. New merch comes in today." Toni lied. Kenny nodded.

"Aren't you heading to work today?"

"Late entry." He said and she nodded.

"Okay well. I have to get going. I'll be coming home late this week-"

"Again?" He asked as she nodded, "this is the third week in a row." He complained.

"I know. I just have so much work to do." She said running her hands through her hair. "Today I'll be letting Roc Nations know that I will be taking that deal." Kenny smiled looking at Toni who was completely in another world as she replied to a text on her phone.