Chapter 13

"Okay Mrs Edmonds, there isn't really any symptoms of any kind of illness or disease. The rest of the symptoms are just normal, you said you get light headaches, nausea and dizziness right?"

"Yes." Toni nodded.

"We'll have your test results ready in about three to five days. Other than that, these prescribed tablets will help with the headaches, these blue tablets with the dizziness and nausea." The doctor said adding the stickers she had written on onto the two bottles.

"Thank you." Toni smiled, "you still get your period right?" The doctor asked.

"From time to time, but it's been awhile since I've got it. Why?"

"That could be the reason why you're getting all this." The doctor said as Toni squinted her eyes in confusion.

She stared at her doctor before she smiled and got up grabbing her bag. "Thank you Darnelle." Toni said as Darnelle handed her the brown bag with the vitamins in.

"Mrs Toni, just a heads up. But you can still get pregnant, if you're not careful." Darnelle said.

Toni froze in her tracks taking in what Darnelle had just said before she turned the doorknob and walked out. Putting the brown bag into her bag whilst she walked to her car.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Tone. Did you go see Darnelle like I asked you to?" Kenny came out the bathroom drying his hair darting his eyes at her.

"Yes." She faintly said. "Could I just have some off time for a while. I'm tired and my tummy has been acting up all day now." Toni yawned, rubbing her tummy.