Chapter 20

"Your wife's in a coma." Those words kept replaying in Kenny's head.

Than the memory of her cheating came back. In frustration he threw the bottle of champagne against the wall off to the side. It shattered causing pieces to scatter out everywhere.

"Dad!" Paris shouted rushing up to him, "mom's gonna be okay." She said wrapping her arms around him.

She didn't know.

Kenny broke down in tears, she walked him to the sofa and allowed him to sit down before she sucked her bottom lip nervously. She was sad too... she's never seen her dad like this before and it truly hurt her.

"I'll make you some soap." She offered turning around as she walked away.
●●●●●●●●●●●

3 months later

"Dad. Go home and get some rest, go eat, take a shower and come back later. Please." Paris begged, rubbing his shoulders.

He looked at her as she placed her bag on the chair in the corner.

"What if she-"

"Then I'll be here." Paris replied. "Please daddy, you look like you need that." Paris said as Kenny got up.

"Do it for me. Better yet, for mom." She added.

He looked at Toni, letting go of her hand. She was still in a coma and it's been three months now. She hasn't woken up since the accident.

"Okay." He nodded, "I'll be back in just a couple of hours." He said placing a kiss to her forehead before he walked out.

She let out a breathe as she looked down at her mother, it broke her. Tears escaped her eyes rolling down her face.

"How did this even happen?" She asked herself. She still didn't know...

She sat down in the chair and took a hold on Toni's hand.

"Mom you gotta get better. For me and dad, he's not himself. He hasn't been to work in the past three months. He's here with you 12 hours everyday if not more. He barely speaks to me. He's just so worried about your health." Paris spoke wiping away her tears.