Confession

Alice's POV

      "Oh my god, what did he just say !? He likes me??  What should I say !?" I'm nervous. I kept thinking of wanting to accept it or not. "Umm, yes, I also like you? Ah..no-no, what if I wait until he asks again and I say yes? I guess that's the best." the next day, I rushed out of my room to check that Brian was awake. I went upstairs to his room. when arriving at the top, it turns out Brian just came out of the bathroom. we were both surprised. But he immediately asked me about the matter yesterday. I immediately turned, said yes and ran to my room. Then I changed my clothes and dressed myself. When I got out of my room, Brian is preparing breakfast for us. It made me so nervous that I can not get a word out.

        "Alice .. please be yourself, I know this is strange to you but, Come on .." said Brian, looking at me.

        "Do not look at me that way, you make me nervous"

        "Okay, now calm yourself, Okay dear?" Brian continued.

        "Ah..you made me nervous again." I immediately ran to the room while Brian looked at me and smiled. When I came out again, it turned out that everyone was waiting for me. Brian smiled again and I tried to hold back. Everybody looked at us both oddly but did not ask anything about it. Meetings were held. none of them were serious in the meeting. But suddenly Brian hit the table and told us to be serious. one of Firma's members, Alex, began to discuss his case in hand. The case is about a fire and Alex needs someone to help him. Brian immediately raised his hand and said that he did not want to discuss the case of the fire. I raised my hand as well and said that I did not want to discuss about fire for its own reasons. We both left the room and went to their respective tables. That night, Brian told me to accompany him. he looked sad while drinking coffee. He then told me to talk about my family. I hesitated, but I did it anyway.

      "My father died in a fire and this is what made me move out of town and leave school."

      "Your father died in the fire!? My dad did too and is said to have died of being killed in the fire, that is the reason why I do not want to talk about the fire case." Brian continued.

      I then hugged him and he fell asleep on my back. I slowly shifted his sleeping position and covered him with a blanket.

Author's POV

     When Brian waked up, he immediately looked for Alice, but apparently Alice has gone to her mom's shop. Brian then walked into Alice's room and looked at a picture of someone who looks familiar. After he recalled, the photo turned out to be a photograph of someone who was said to have killed his father. the man turned out to be Alice's father. Brian immediately finds out about it and asks for some help from Michael. Brian looks all over at Michael and asks if Alice has anything to do with the case. ever since, Brian started to stay away from Alice. Alice is confused by Brian's attitude towards him. She felt as if something strange happened to Brian. Then Alice tried finding out about it and finally she found it. He knew that Brian avoided her because his father had been said to have killed Brian's father. Alice then asked Brian to accompany her for a walk. As they walk, they always look at each other but at different times. Alice starts to feel uncomfortable. She stopped walking.

      "Alice, what happen to you?" asked Brian confused. Alice let go of his hand and declared break up.

      "You are being so strange these days, what do you keep from me? Why do you want to keep it away from me? Just for your information, my father is not a murderer, he is accused of being a murderer, but my father also died in the fire just to save your parents. My father is not a murderer, Brian. " Alice leaves Brian.

        Brian couldn't say anything and immediately found out all about the details.

Alice's POV

        I went home and packed all my things. I went to Karen's house to stay overnight. Arriving at Karen's house, she was surprised to see me. He threw me out and told me that a murderer should not stay at his house. I then closed the door firmly.
     "It's nice to see you again, old friend, I am not here to kill you and I am not a murderer, I am here to ask you for help."

     "What kind of help?"

     "Can I stay at your house for a few days? I have another problem with my boyfriend who just broke up with me this afternoon."

     "Do you have a boyfriend? How can he fall in love with a killer like you?"

      "Hey, I told you I was not a murderer."

      "All right, but I do not have a room for you."

      "No problem, I can sleep on this couch, my only goal is to avoid Brian."

      "That's who you say as your girlfriend?"

      "Yeah, but no more, keep that in mind."

       I then told Karen everything, she cried as she hugged me.

      "Hey, are you crying?"

      "Oh sorry, nothing. Good night." I smiled and prepared to sleep.

       Next morning, I felt very tired. Karen woke me up and asked me to go to work. I then asked for a thermometer from her as I felt very dizzy. When I measured my body temperature, it was only 37 degrees centigrade.

      "Why do I feel so dizzy and hot?"

      "Whatever, I want to go to work."

      I measure my body temperature often. But it's still 37 degrees centigrade.